Fixed Firefox on Windows breaks page layout when ctrl-dragging word in the editor

Steffen

Affected version
Open any XenForo page with the Froala editor like "Post thread". Write some text and select it. It should look like this:

Screenshot 1.webp

Now try to start dragging the selected text while holding the ctrl key. Immediately (before you're really able to drag it) this happens:

Screenshot 2.webp

I've only been able to reproduce this issue in Firefox 62 / 63 Beta on Windows. It doesn't exist in Firefox on Linux or in Chrome on Windows.

The issue doesn't exist on https://www.froala.com/wysiwyg-editor so it's probably something XenForo-specific and not a general Froala issue.

That problem has existed for quite a while in the Nightly builds aswell, but I assumed it would be some kind of Nightly quirk.

@Steffen this appears to be fixed in the version of Froala running here. I believe it is noted in the changelog for v4.0.7:

Fixed drag inline not working on Firefox

Would you mind confirming?

I can easily reproduce the issue on 2.2.7 but cannot reproduce it any longer here.

I cannot reproduce anymore even in our forum which is running 2.2.7, neither with Firefox 62 nor with Firefox 94 (both on Windows 10). So I guess this issue can be closed. 👍

Top Bottom