Fixed Firefox Mobile on Android - Attachment buttons do not work.

MrDeranged

After uploading an attachment, "thumbnail", "full image" and "delete" buttons do not work.

This goes for new posts as well as posts that you are editing.

Firefox version 68.5.0

I've tested it here on XF as well and am experiencing the same issue.

"Thumbnail," "full image" and "delete "buttons do not work in Firefox 68.5.0 on mobile. This is both in creating a new post as well as editing an existing post.

You also have to reload the window that you're posting in to see the attachment in the window (contrary to the message that "You may close this window/tab once you have uploaded your files to return to your content.")

Please note, the attached screenshot is just random.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200215-231825.webp
    Screenshot_20200215-231825.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 15
I have just installed Firefox 68.5 on an Android device and I'm not seeing what you're experiencing.

Can you confirm if you are seeing this page:

1582153876340.webp

Even on XF.com?

That would imply that there is some sort of JavaScript error and if that is happening on multiple sites where it generally seems to be working for others, then that could be an issue with your browser or device settings rather than an issue with XF itself.

Do you have any extensions in the browser which might be blocking JavaScript or any settings enabled that may be blocking it?

Even on XF.com :(. I have not changed any settings or installed any extensions.

I click the "attach files" button.

Screenshot_20200219-184615.png

In the new window that opens up, I browse to my photo and click "upload".

Screenshot_20200219-184643.png

Once the file is uploaded, I close the window to go back to the original window that I started posting in. That original window does not show the attachment unless I refresh that window. Once I refresh it, it looks like this (this screenshot was taken before I added the two additional screenshots). This is the page that the buttons are not working on.

Screenshot_20200219-185241.png

I've had at least two other users complain about the same issue, which is how I found out about it.

Note: This was originally posted on my phone and then edited on my desktop to put the images in the correct spots in the post.

Last edited:
I'm going to move this to bugs for tracking, though it's not clear what is happening. It might be a limitation of FF on Android or it may be an issue with our JS.

The fact that it's opening a separate tab is our no JS fallback behavior, so there's no expectation of things being reflected back to the original tab.

I'm going to move this to bugs for tracking, though it's not clear what is happening.
It was originally posted there.
there's no expectation of things being reflected back to the original tab.
When you say this, do you mean "immediately", or "not at all"? I ask this because, if you refresh that original tab, the attachment does show up, but you are unable to do anything with it (buttons don't work).

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.1.8).

Change log:
Correctly identify Android version in the attachment manager
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom