Firefox keeps getting better, doesn't it?

Was using Minefield on Mac OS X but then it gave me a weird error so I uninstalled it. Using Chrome 9.x on Mac OS X now and it's really nice. It's just as fast as Firefox 4 and also has a "contextual" status bar of sorts, but it still appears at the bottom, not in the "awesome bar."

Chrome is the BEST browser. It is absolutely brilliant!

Chrome > Firefox
I dunno. I installed it on a brand new Win7 laptop two months ago. Since then it's been buggy as hell. Random connection errors many times per day - even when working on websites locally! Then there's the random act of changing my keyboard input so the characters are all out of whack (commas become slashes, colons become dollar signs, etc.) And lately I find it's getting sluggish.

None of these issues have ever happened to me in ANY browser, including IE which I abandoned years ago. And since going back to FF, those issues haven't come up again.

Chrome < Firefox

I dunno. I installed it on a brand new Win7 laptop two months ago. Since then it's been buggy as hell. Random connection errors many times per day - even when working on websites locally! Then there's the random act of changing my keyboard input so the characters are all out of whack (commas become slashes, colons become dollar signs, etc.) And lately I find it's getting sluggish.

None of these issues have ever happened to me in ANY browser, including IE which I abandoned years ago. And since going back to FF, those issues haven't come up again.

Chrome < Firefox

I have had none of these problems since I installed it last year.smooth sailing for me!

Used to be an IE guy because I didn't know any better. Then, went to Firefox for quite some time and now for the past few months I've been on Google Chrome. Of all of them, I like Chrome the best but still go back to FF at times as well. :)

Used to be an IE guy because I didn't know any better. Then, went to Firefox for quite some time and now for the past few months I've been on Google Chrome. Of all of them, I like Chrome the best but still go back to FF at times as well. :)
Same here my friend. Google chrome has it's hiccups every now and then, but I absolutely love it.

I am also a big FF fan and I will be giving this new beta a go :cool:

One of the biggest advantages of both Chrome and Opera, compared to Firefox, is that many of the things that the latter would need an extension for are built natively into the former two. (The "download status bar," mouse gestures, etc. come to mind.)

No matter how good or fast chrome and opera are... I will ALWAYS develop using firefox!
Nothing compare and give me the same workflow as Firefox + Firebug!

Developers tools and Firebug lite simply don't cut it for me

No matter how good or fast chrome and opera are... I will ALWAYS develop using firefox!

You mean Opera Dragonfly? xD

I use chrome for almost everything. It is my default browser. The addons I used were for the most part remade in chrome but I can't say they compete with the accuracy of Firefox. At this time, I still have to resort to firefox for the Web Developers toolbar, but other than that I'm no longer a fan of it. After using Chrome for so long, the bulkiness and slow speed of Firefox blunt.

Not to mention it gets a 100 on acidtest3, being one of the first browsers to do so, along with Opera.
http://acid3.acidtests.org/

Firefox 3.6.12 still behind with a 94/100

In time chrome will probably catch up if not surpass Firefox in development. Chrome is still the baby browser and will grow as its support does.

I'm using chrome and firefox together like many of the users. Firefox is still my primary browser because the accuracy of the websites is better compared with chrome. Also there are a bunch of plugins that I have on firefox that chrome currently doesn't have. However browsing through websites, reading news and stuff I make with Chrome.

this beta is probably the best in the entire ff4 series.

also... i am loving mozilla f1.

though chrome is my primary browser. opera is my primary internet suite.

I was using the firefox beta for a while. It was getting annoying with the continuous updates so I switched back to the stable version. I suppose I will upgrade when they got their next version all done.

Interesting how emphasized the little speech bubble pointy thing is when viewed in Firefox 4...

Untitled-1.webp

heh thanks for pointing that out MJP. I was going to ask where to go in the style properties to change that. :)
Now I don't have to.

Top Bottom