Fixed Firefox: Editor applies formatting not only to selected paragraph

Another option would be to just downgrade Froala to 2.9.5 in files js/vendor/froala/froala-compiled.js, js/vendor/froala/froala_editor.min.js and js/xf/editor-compiled.js.

You can get the Froala 2.9.5 source (XF 2.1.2 ships 2.9.4, XF 2.1.3 ships 2.9.6) from the Froala website
I'm not seeing files js/vendor/froala/froala-compiled.js, and js/xf/editor-compiled.js in the Froala source code....at least in the js folder.

I'm not seeing files js/vendor/froala/froala-compiled.js, and js/xf/editor-compiled.js in the Froala source code....at least in the js folder.
Me neither. You have to download the XF 2.1.2 to get the files. I guess it is compressed by XF, not by Froala.

My logic being that I can’t envisage Microsoft maintaining it for much longer especially when Edge based on Chromium is stable.

My dev at work has been testing the current build of Edge on Chromium and seems pretty pleased with it. I've largely eschewed Edge to date but it sounds like Edge on Chromium might get me to rethink that.

I think I've decided to live with the problem and do my update to 2.1.3 soon (though not sure when) without getting into the complexities of using old builds of Froala. I did an informal survey via poll on browser usage last year and only had 6 FF users including myself so impact should be fairly low.

Last edited:
One thing is that the file check will flag the "old" (unexpected) files, so you'll get this error message. Can be safely ignored, though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 9.24.09 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 9.24.09 AM.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 17
+1 on that, because I'm having the same issue.

After using the Chris fix for Editor bug, all the formatting stuff on the editor is all messed up and is annoying to format my posts now.

Waiting for a new fix.

I just reverted back to the 2.1.3 files and I'll wait for a fix myself, and live with it. Easier to do that than deal with the red error-type messages at the top of the ACP.

Realistically, "non-critical" issues like file count in the ACP should be dismissable after they appear the first time (and are acknowledged as being OK by the sysadmin), or perhaps a different color so they don't look like server errors and more critical issues that deserve the red error banner. Just my two pence.

I just reverted back to the 2.1.3 files and I'll wait for a fix myself, and live with it. Easier to do that than deal with the red error-type messages at the top of the ACP.

Realistically, "non-critical" issues like file count in the ACP should be dismissable after they appear the first time (and are acknowledged as being OK by the sysadmin), or perhaps a different color so they don't look like server errors and more critical issues that deserve the red error banner. Just my two pence.
No offense, but that's definitely making mountains out of molehills. It doesn't look like server errors: server errors are under a heading that explitly says server errors, and files with unexpected content are under a separate heading for missing files or files with unexpected content. If that was the only file you edited, you would see this, "There are 1 missing files or files with unexpected contents. You should review these," and you would never have to pay attention to it unless you looked and saw an unexpected number there. And you only see that on the admin homepage. How much time do you spend there staring at that message and being annoyed by it? You've chosen to exchange an occasional mild visual annoyance for yourself for a real practical problem that will plague all of your Firefox users all of the time. ;)

Went ahead with 2.1.3 and just warned my users. No complaints so far. I am currently testing Edge Chromium Dev myself (and liking it) but never got the bug while still using FF. So I am content to wait for a fix.

If you downgrade yourself, you would just need editor-compiled.js from 2.1.2.

The next XF version will likely be in August (so shorter than the last cycle) as we need to update some of our payment handler systems for SCA compliance in September.
Chris, it's September, and when do we expect?

I haven't seen any real adverse effects from this problem on my forum, but that is because only a very few (handful) of my users run Firefox, myself included. Most folks run Chrome or Edge on desktop, or Safari on mobile.

I bump into this issue every day, but deal with it.... no complaints (public or private) from others at this point.

Oddly, I have had this twice recently myself (switched back to FF on one machine for reasons). Which is not a bad thing because I had kind of forgotten about it. Glad to hear the fix is coming.

Top Bottom