Finding what they purchased

Will Franco

When a user purchases an upgrade, how do I show them what they just purchased. As in, the new nodes and resources.

From there, how do you show them the exact nodes and resources they now have access to?
At admin.php?user-upgrades/ your purchasable upgrade should be putting users into an Additional usergroup ("Puts the user in the selected groups while the upgrade is active.")

At admin.php?nodes/ for the nodes you wish the upgrade usergroup users to see/access, the usergroup assigned in the step above should have permissions so that users within this usergroup can now see the node and access it.

and

Reframe. After a purchase, a user sees a screen that says "You've purchased an upgrade." In a forum with multiple upgrade packages, it's like hide and seek to figure out which new nodes and resource they have access to.

1646916193690.webp

Our users are not tech savvy. Sure, they purchased a Gold Package. But the only thing they know about the Gold Package is the Description on the user upgrade page.

How do I help them understand the specific nodes and resources they have access to? For example, can I automatically send them an email with a screenshot, place a video on this page, etc. Generate a list: names of the nodes and resource categories that appears on the page above?

How do I help them understand the specific nodes and resources they have access to? For example, can I automatically send them an email with a screenshot, place a video on this page, etc. Generate a list: names of the nodes and resource categories that appears on the page above?
Create help pages.
admin.php?help-pages/

How do I get a user to the Help page after a purchase.

1646925753072.webp

This is what they see. In the ideal world, this page would say,

Thank you for purchasing a gold package.

When the payment is approved, your account will have access to:

HELP TEXT HERE

In combination with a Message to the same effect.

We're dealing with people that have a very low competency with computers. They can do it but they need it spelled out for them.

Edit the thank_you_for_purchasing_this_upgrade phrase and add a link to the help pages.

Or create notices which are displayed on the account_upgrade_purchase page targeted at the user groups linked to the upgrades.

If you have various upgrade packages that give access to different nodes and resources, why not just spell it out along with the upgrades you're offering: "After purchasing this upgrade/subscription, you will have access to the following nodes and resources..."

Yes and this may work for some users. The others need post-purchase information. A redirect to a help page would be perfect.

Edit the thank_you_for_purchasing_this_upgrade phrase and add a link to the help pages.

Or create notices which are displayed on the account_upgrade_purchase page targeted at the user groups linked to the upgrades.

Thank you all for the great feedback here.

Best option (for us): Text/image/video placed inside the body of the thank you page.

Is the thank you page, one page for all, or based on the specific upgrade purchased?

Most likely it's a non issue but you have already been provided many suggestions.

I use a help page listing the benefits of each upgrade.

this add-on can help

this add-on can help
That doesn't allow a different auto-conversation for different upgrades, though, does it?

Nothing prevents to describe the advantages of each upgrade in the conversation. Members are still mature enough to spot which one they just bought.
Not that I'm in disagreement on that point, but all of that has already been discussed.

Top Bottom