1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding permission sets by group

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Ryan Mitchell, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Ryan Mitchell

Ryan Mitchell Member

I'm cleaning up some groups and am interested in confirming my current groups' permissions to various forums, visibility, etc. I'm trying to construct a database query in - which I think is the fastest and most direct way of getting the information I need - but the permission tables are a bit... "esoteric" to reverse-engineer because of the cache and combination tables. Does anyone know how I can find out what permissions roll up to each group (or user, I guess)? I want to be able to understand what permissions I've given to what groups at the forum level - visibility, read/write, etc. so I can make sure it's what I expect it to be... Thanks!

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Admin CP > Users > Test Permissions > Enter a user > See what they can see :)

3. Ryan Mitchell

Ryan Mitchell Member

Yep, I know that one - use it a lot. However, I want to be able to see that for all groups across the board if I need to, or for those users with multiple groups, understand where some of the permissions are coming from. I have test users for each of the groups and that helps, but this is more of a centralized management need IMO.

Mouth likes this.