XF 1.1 find-new/threads/ not working

sinful

Hi,

I have recently migrated from an apache server to a litespeed server. Everything went ahead smoothly except that one page could not load after the migration - the What's New page.

When accessing find-new/threads/ , the page is blank.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

P/S I added this new line to the .htaccess after the migration. Because without it, the main page would display my service provider's "under construction page".
Code:
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.*

A blank page is often a suppressed error. Try adding this line to your library/config.php file:

Code:
ini_set('display_errors', true);

That may reveal an error message on the blank page.

A blank page is often a suppressed error. Try adding this line to your library/config.php file:

Code:

Which part of the config file should I add this line?

I added the line at the top of the config file and every other link seems to get the unexpected error occurred message. For the find-new/threads page, this is the error message I've got:

ini_set('display_errors', true); An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

okay i've got this under my server error log:
Code:
ErrorException: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/gymkakic/public_html/library/config.php:2) - library/MaxViewGuests/Model/Thread.php:21
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 10:46 PM

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError('num_views', '8', 1325173577, '/')
#1 /home2/gymkakic/public_html/library/MaxViewGuests/Model/Thread.php(21): setcookie(Array, Array, NULL, Array, Array)
#2 /home2/gymkakic/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(619): MaxViewGuests_Model_Thread->canViewThread(Array, Array, NULL, Array)
#3 /home2/gymkakic/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/FindNew.php(139): XenForo_Model_Thread->canViewThreadAndContainer()
#4 /home2/gymkakic/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/FindNew.php(15): XenForo_ControllerPublic_FindNew->findNewThreads()
#5 /home2/gymkakic/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_FindNew->actionThreads(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home2/gymkakic/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#7 /home2/gymkakic/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(35) "http://gymkaki.com/find-new/threads"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Yes i do. I have tried turning off the Limited Guest Viewing by borbole under options, but to no avail.

here is another error log for find-new/threads:
Code:
Error Info
Zend_Controller_Response_Exception: Cannot send headers; headers already sent in /home2/gymkakic/public_html/library/config.php, line 2 - library/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php:321
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 10:46 PM

Stack Trace

#0 /home2/gymkakic/public_html/library/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php(115): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->canSendHeaders(true)
#1 /home2/gymkakic/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(19): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->setHeader('Content-Type', 'text/html; char...', true)
#2 /home2/gymkakic/public_html/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php(190): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->__construct(Object(XenForo_Dependencies_Public), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#3 /home2/gymkakic/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(499): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->getViewRenderer(Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http), 'html', Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#4 /home2/gymkakic/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(139): XenForo_FrontController->_getViewRenderer('html')
#5 /home2/gymkakic/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(35) "http://gymkaki.com/find-new/threads"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

note that these error only logs when i added the line that Jake told me to add in the library/config file. After removing that line, the Server Error Logs doesn't log any more errors.

Okay i've tried adding the line
Code:
after <?php

There seem to be no error on the /find-new/threads page. And no error is logged under Server Error Logs.

How many add-ons do you have installed?

You will need to disable each one in turn to see if it's one of those causing the problem.

You can also try it in a default, unedited style, which will indicate whether it is an issue with your custom style.

Code:

Would it be a good idea to have display_errors true set as the default ?
If an error was displayed, people could read it and start the troubleshooting process themselves ?

Okay I have did what you mentioned. It seems like the Limited Guest Viewing add-on is causing the problem. Sorry for being unclear in the previous post, I turned it off under options instead of disabling it totally. After disabling it totally, the find-new/threads page is working.

So I guess the problem lies in the Limited Guest Viewing add-on interfering with a litespeed server somehow :confused:

thanks for your help (y)

Okay I have did what you mentioned. It seems like the Limited Guest Viewing add-on is causing the problem. Sorry for being unclear in the previous post, I turned it off under options instead of disabling it totally. After disabling it totally, the find-new/threads page is working.

So I guess the problem lies in the Limited Guest Viewing add-on interfering with a litespeed server somehow :confused:

thanks for your help (y)

I just switched to Litespeed and had that problem.

Have you found any solution ? This add-on is really usefull.

Top Bottom