Final Fantasy Forums

Wren

Hi all!
Just wanted to first say I used VB way back in the day (2001), but switched to XenForo and am loving it so far. Keep up the good work!

Our community is tiny so far, but is aimed at the Final Fantasy gaming community, and specifically Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. It's been around since mid August, so still rather young. I'm using several plugins including extra node information by Waindigo, Resource Manager and User Albums, and the WP bridge for home page articles. All work great.

Would love some feedback and any suggestions you all might have.
We also welcome you to sign up if you're a fan of the series of course. :)

www.ffhorizon.net/forums

Last edited:
Hi all!
Just wanted to first say I used VB way back in the day (2001), but switched to XenForo and am loving it so far. Keep up the good work!

Our community is tiny so far, but is aimed at the Final Fantasy gaming community, and specifically Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. It's been around since mid August, so still rather young. I'm using several plugins including extra node information by Waindigo, Resource Manager and User Albums, and the WP bridge for home page articles. All work great.

Link?

Hi all!

www.ffhorizon.net/forums

Looking really good @Wren. Liking the different images per forum and although this would often go unnoticed by your average member an even better job fading each images on the left. nice clean style, great job with it all. :)

Glad to see more sites in the SQEX community using Xenforo. :) I also really like the faded images on the node icons--I think increasing the opacity when you hover over the node could be a neat touch.

Thanks for the comments Shelley and Mistypants!
I think that would be a great idea, creating hover effects with the nodes. Hadn't thought of that.

I did create a new theme over the weekend, something that is pretty drastically different from the previous theme. I looked at some other sites around here and got inspired. :)

Another Square Enix fan, very glad that you as well are using Xenforo as its a fantastic products for sites like ours. Mistypants and myself both have a Square Enix related site. Design wise your site is pretty neat, just focus on your content and remember that it'll take time.

I'm lovin' the node strips in the dark theme! :) I'd love to know how to do that!

This seems to work.

You would need to replace with your own images, sizes and change the node ID to your preference.

Code:
.node.node_2  .forumNodeInfo{
  background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/nodey2.png") no-repeat scroll right bottom transparent;
  content: "";
  height: 100px; }
.node.node_21  .forumNodeInfo{
  background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/nodey21.png") no-repeat scroll right bottom transparent;

.node.node_31  .linkNodeInfo{
  background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/nodey31.png") no-repeat scroll right bottom transparent;

The output of that is as follows.

Screenshot_23.webp
Screenshot_24.webp

Last edited:
Another Square Enix fan, very glad that you as well are using Xenforo as its a fantastic products for sites like ours. Mistypants and myself both have a Square Enix related site. Design wise your site is pretty neat, just focus on your content and remember that it'll take time.

Thanks Denis! Good to see other SE board creators here too. It's definitely been a struggle the first month expanding the community, there are a lot of other FFXIV sites out there as it is. Gonna keep chugging away at the content, and expanding our database.

This seems to work.

You would need to replace with your own images, sizes and change the node ID to your preference.

I also use this plugin for the node backgrounds:
Extra Node Information by Waindigo

I took Misty's idea of creating a hovering effect on the nodes and implemented it, thought it was a really good idea. On hover adds some saturation to the node backgrounds.

simple css too

Code:
.node.node_43:hover  {
    background-image: url(blahblahblah);
}

Last edited:
Thanks Denis! Good to see other SE board creators here too. It's definitely been a struggle the first month expanding the community, there are a lot of other FFXIV sites out there as it is. Gonna keep chugging away at the content, and expanding our database.

I also use this plugin for the node backgrounds:
Extra Node Information by Waindigo

I took Misty's idea of creating a hovering effect on the nodes and implemented it, thought it was a really good idea. On hover adds some saturation to the node backgrounds.

simple css too

Code:
.node.node_43:hover  {
    background-image: url(blahblahblah);
}

I completely forgot about that excellent add-on by @Waindigo :X3:

Hi all!

www.ffhorizon.net/forums
Hello Wren

Your forum is awesome and I like your style... Congratulations (y)

Top Bottom