file to large for the server

Twoofus

I'm just trying the demo version and when I tried to post a photograph it came with the message 'file to large for the server', is the demo version limited on the file size that can be uploaded?

Most likely it is. What size image are you trying to upload? There could also be an issue if the demo sites was moved to the new server that they need to be aware of, but @Kier would know if that was an issue I'm sure.

hi Tracey thanks for the reply, its was just a few photos taken on an iPhone, I cant be sure but I think when I tried another demo a week or so ago it accepted the pictures without a problem. it is quite an important issue for me because the ability to post pictues easily is one of the major reasons we are considering changing platforms.

You might need to increase this:
43460848765_8c01a5b6eb_o.png

But here have been reports that since the server migration the thingy is a bit low. So could be related to that aswell.

hi Tracey thanks for the reply, its was just a few photos taken on an iPhone, I cant be sure but I think when I tried another demo a week or so ago it accepted the pictures without a problem. it is quite an important issue for me because the ability to post pictues easily is one of the major reasons we are considering changing platforms.
You can change the attachments upload size in the admin control panel to allow whatever size attachments you require up to your server limit (after that you'll have to increase your server limit which is typically 8Mb but can be increased). There is also settings for maximum image dimensions. The beauty of these is that you can specify something much smaller than what phones typically take (which can be 4032 × 3024) down to something like say 1024 x 768. Photos will automatically be resized and so the filesize will be smaller too. So you could have a 2Mb attachment limit but a phone photo (which could be 4-5Mb in size) will upload as it'll resize to the smaller dimensions and only be 300-400Kb in size.

Top Bottom