XF 1.1 File health check failures - lots of weird errors

mcadx

Hello - over the weekend my forum appears to have been hacked in some form or another. At first, browsers were throwing errors that the page is trying to redirect the user to some random website(in Russia) that was potentially malicious.

All sites hosted under the same account were experiencing the same, we opened a ticket with the host and they seemingly cleared it up for some people but not everyone. I personally am no longer getting the redirect error but some of the users are.

Some other symptoms include thread moderation rendered ineffective - attempting to do any content moderation results in blank pages, along with viewing images that are attached to a post but not inserted in-line.

I've checked the .htaccess and I don't see anything out of order in it.

I ran a file health check under the admin control panel and it shows a list of 141 files that do not contain the expected contents. They all appear to be javascript files located in "js" directory.

I just updated to 1.1.3 from 1.1.1 earlier this evening so this is particularly bothersome.

Any suggestions/thoughts?

Looks like re-uploading the "js" folder resolved most of the issues. I guess I should've tried that before starting the thread but had way too many weird things happening to ignore it.

I spoke too soon, the problem is re-occurring today. Same 141 files in the "js" folder are showing as inconsistent when running the File Verification. Any suggestions?

I spoke too soon, the problem is re-occurring today. Same 141 files in the "js" folder are showing as inconsistent when running the File Verification. Any suggestions?

Just double-check you haven't accidentally uploaded the 1.1.1 js files ... ;)

Just check with your host to make sure they haven't restored any files to the server and not told you about it ... ;)

Another tidbit - I just checked the "js" directory on the server, it only has 95 files and weighs in at roughly 800kb. The default 1.1.3 "js" folder is around 2mb with 219 files.

Top Bottom