FFMPEG & PHP Binary Path

Simon

In order to generate video thumbnails & use the Transcode videos option, I need to enter a value in for the FFMPEG & PHP Binary Paths.

How can I find out these paths? (I'm running on centos if that helps)

Thank you kindly in advance.

You will need shell access.

For FFMPEG you will first of all need to make sure FFMPEG is installed. You should be able to install that via yum or download it directly from here: FFmpeg Static Builds

We cannot really provide specific support with installing this or getting it set up, but that should be a step in the right direction at least.

Once installed, the easiest way to get the paths you need is to use the "which" command if it is available:
Code:
which ffmpeg

Code:
which php

Ok, I installed FFMPEG but am having problems with the the thumbnails.

I am pretty much at the same stage as this thread. ( MG 1.1 - Do i need to install FFMPEG? )

Everything seems to be working except for the thumbnails.

1.webp

It seems that I installed a rather old version of FFMPEG, below is the data from the /usr/bin/ffmpeg -version command:

2.webp

Any ideas on other things to check?

Without a doubt I'm certain you need to update the ffmpeg version.

FFmpeg Static Builds

Download the latest release there. Extract the archive and copy the ffmpeg executable within and replace the one on your server with it.

I earlier on tested FFMPEG 2.1.1 and it works fine. Even that was only a couple of years old. Supporting an early version going back 5 years will be tricky!

git: g268b5ae built on 20160422
x86 build: ffmpeg-git-32bit-static.tar.xz - md5

x86_64 build: ffmpeg-git-64bit-static.tar.xz - md5

source code: git build

release: 3.0.1
x86 build: ffmpeg-release-32bit-static.tar.xz - md5

x86_64 build: ffmpeg-release-64bit-static.tar.xz - md5

source code: release build

gcc: 5.3.1
yasm: 1.3.0

libass: 0.13.2
libmfx: 1.16
libvpx: 1.5.0-749-g1710419
libx264: 0.148.265 3b70645
libx265: 1.9+141-02d79be487d7
libxvid: 1.3.4-1
libwebp: 0.4.4
libzimg: 2.0.4
librtmp: 2.4
libgnutls: 3.3.21
libtheora: 1.1.1
libfrei0r: 1.4-3+b1
libvidstab: 1.10
libfreetype: 2.6.3-3+b1
libopenjpeg: 1.5.2

libsoxr: 0.1.2
libopus: 1.1.2-1
libspeex: 1.2
libvorbis: 1.3.5-3
libmp3lame: 3.99.5
libvo-amrwbenc: 0.1.3-1
libopencore-amrnb: 0.1.3-2.1
libopencore-amrwb: 0.1.3-2.1

Which format should i download? :rolleyes:

No idea :) Which format does your server support?

It just depends on whether your server supports 64-bit or not. If it does, the x86_64 builds should work. If it doesn't, the x86 builds are what you need.

They tend to recommend using the "git" build rather than the "release" build.

I'd like to install it too but I don't know exactly how to do. I'm using shared host at Bluehost.
Install FFMPEG means copying it to a particular folder or is that something I have to ask the suppor team at Bluehost?
I tried to copy it and different paths but none worked.

I really hate to ask questions that I know are really dumb... However, I want to install either the git or release static builds on my cPanel/WHM server. I have full shell access and effectively own the machine, but it is running our pretty active XenForo site and I do not want to mess it up.

Can I just use shell (putty) to enter: yum ffmpeg-release-64bit-static.tar.xz - md5 and then look for where it landed as above?

Top Bottom