FFFSquad.com - Gaming Clan Forum

Excellent forum design, especially the first thing you see when you enter the site. I love what you did to the various buttons on the side; the bullet buttons.

I like this ALOT. The header is fantastic. The arrows on the navbar instead of tabs, the teal/aqua color on the Sign Up Now button - all very nice.
Good job.

Thanks guys :) It took me a while to find the right bullet image and modify it to work well. The banner is an amalgamation of 4 black ops background wallpapers I found kicking around the web.

Speaking of the sign up button, I need to change that. It was a bullet as well but then I had to re-install my theme. Will have to switch that back later. It uses a modified xenFracture theme from Themes Inc.

Right, so it's been a year and I've just edited the theme a lot again.

It's not quite how I want it yet, but it's getting there. It's still a variation of the XenFracture theme from XenStyles.

It currently looks best in Chrome as there's some webkit only black scroll bar styling until I maybe sort some cross browser js out instead.

Originally I had the outer border solid black (switch the main html background off to see what I mean) , but some people thought it was too black. I kind of prefer it solid black though, let me know what you think.

Points of note
I know I need to edit the banner. I've been trying to find a nice suitable texture for it but I couldn't find one. I might switch it back to solid black and put of a very slight transparent white radial glow offset to the right of the header.
I switched all h1 titles such as the thread name etc. to use the Black Ops google web font. It's small change but one of my favourites.
Unfortunately I've dropped the bullet navigation menu as it didnt quite compliment the clean solid black and I managed to tidy the nav bar up, but I might try to sneak it back in.

All constructive feedback welcome :)

www.FFFSquad.com

The dropdown menus overshoots about 20px too much to the left, not sure if this is intentional, but you can fix it by adding a negative margin-left to .Menu.

If you are using the fluid version, it might not work as good though.

Ahh bugger, that was something I messed up when messing with the scrollbar css when tired last night. Fixed it now, thanks.

Top Bottom