Resource icon

[FF] Showcase Enhancements 1.2.11

No permission to download

benFF

benFF submitted a new resource:

Showcase Enhancements - Various enhancements for Bob's Showcase Addon

This addon supersedes my previous "Linked Prefixes for Bob's Showcase" and "Discussion Thread Enhancements for Bob's Showcase".
If you had that Linked Prefixes installed, this will migrate any per-prefix settings, so you don't need to do it again. If you had either installed, then uninstall them after so they don't clash :)

A number of enhancements for Showcase.

Thread Display:

• Remove first post - The first post is just a post...

Read more about this resource...

InvalidArgumentException: Table 'xf_xa_sc_item_prefix' does not exist so cannot be altered in src/XF/Db/Schema/Alter.php at line 38
  1. XF\Db\Schema\Alter->__construct() in src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line 228
  2. XF\Db\SchemaManager->newAlter() in src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line 149
  3. XF\Db\SchemaManager->alterTable() in src/addons/FF/ShowcaseEnhancements/Setup.php at line 23
  4. FF\ShowcaseEnhancements\Setup->installStep1() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 62
  5. FF\ShowcaseEnhancements\Setup->installStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 29
  6. FF\ShowcaseEnhancements\Setup->install() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 419
  7. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2483
  12. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  13. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

I'm receiving this error trying to install the modification sadly.

You do have Showcase already installed? That table is part of the base install...
Oh of course, for some reason I thought this was the Link Directory. Duh, had a brain fart. Apologies!
Would be nice if you could make the same improvements for Link Directory. :)

Haha no worries - i was a little perplexed. I also set Showcase as a requirement, so it shouldn't have even installed!

I don't have Link Directory I'm afraid :(

Haha no worries - i was a little perplexed. I also set Showcase as a requirement, so it shouldn't have even installed!

I don't have Link Directory I'm afraid :(
Indeed, it did not install the add on, gave me an error. Sorry for the mix up!

benFF updated [FF] Showcase Enhancements with a new update entry:

Nasty bug fix and bonus feature

Sorry about this, in my haste to copy and paste from the old addon, I missed an important part of code - yikes!

So this update fixes that (basically if you posted an item with no prefix at all it would fail)

As a bonus though and to say sorry about that, I've integrated another one of my addons into it.

Navigation Bar Prefixes

If you enable this feature, the item assigned prefixes will appear in the navigation bar, underneath the relevant category where the child categories go...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey thanks for creating this add-on. The option to submit items directly from the forum listing is awesome.

I have a quick question. Is it possible to limit which category show's up in each forum listing when you click on the post item button?

Is it possible to limit which category show's up in each forum listing when you click on the post item button?
Yeah there is, but I didn't include it originally as it involved more work 🤣

How would you choose to limit it? Only show categories that create their discussion thread in the current forum?

Last edited:
Yeah this is, but I didn't include it originally as it involved more work 🤣

How would you choose to limit it? Only show categories that create their discussion thread in the current forum?

Yes that is exactly how I would limit it. Maybe include an option for this. I think it's more user friendly.

Last edited:
Alternatively, an option to just go directly to posting an item in the showcase category that is linked to the current forum. No-popup.

Cover image thumbnails

Added feature to generate thumbnails (or reduced size images) from the cover images which are then delivered from the /data folder instead of /internal_data (so can easily be edge cached).

The default Showcase method is to show the full size attachment as the cover image, which means possible huge file downloads on the index pages and widgets.

You can now use a new option to set the max size for the generated thumbnail.

View attachment 280879

As...

Proper thumbnail linking and new CLI rebuild

Ok so I shouldn't have been lazy yesterday, I've now updated this to use template replacements so cover image thumbnails are now linked directly in the page (no 301 redirects anymore) - this will speed things up.

This means you can still go to the /cover-image url to show the original full size one (which I think is quite useful)

Also added a new CLI job xf-rebuild:ff-se-xa-sc-items-cover-image so you can rebuild them all from the command line - thank to...

For those that want to limit which categories show up in the item chooser on the forum listing:

With the assistance of one of Ozzy's add-ons here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ozzmodz-overlay-data-template-context.9048/, which adds a data parameter to the overlay making it easy to style, this is possible:
CSS:
html[data-container-key="node-X"] .overlay[data-template="public:xa_sc_item_add_chooser"] {
    .block {
        margin: 0;

&:nth-child(X) { display: none; }
    }
}

You'll have to customize it based on how many categories your hiding. It's rather crude, but it works.

Replace user avatars on discussion threads

Added a new option to replace the user's avatar on the thread listing page with the cover image thumbnail of the Showcase Item on a related discussion thread.

View attachment 286234

New option is found at the bottom of the Showcase options in the admin panel:

View attachment 286235

If you want to change how they look (for example to remove the border radius), you can edit the class scThreadThumbnail in your extra.less.

Top Bottom