Resource icon

[FF] AMS Enhancements 1.2.4

No permission to download

benFF

benFF submitted a new resource:

AMS Enhancements - Various enhancements for Bob's AMS

This addon supersedes my previous AMS Discussion Thread Enhancements.
If you had that installed, this will migrate any per-prefix settings, so you don't need to do it again. Then uninstall it after so they don't clash :)

You can all thank @Forsaken for sponsoring the license for AMS so this could be released :D

Features:
  • Show the article content above in the thread header (with page buttons if multipage article)
  • Hide first post...

Read more about this resource...

benFF updated [FF] AMS Enhancements with a new update entry:

Nasty bug fix and bonus feature

Sorry about this, in my haste to copy and paste from the old addon, I missed an important part of code - yikes!

So this update fixes that (basically if you posted an article with no prefix at all it would fail)

As a bonus though and to say sorry about that, I've integrated another one of my addons into it.

Navigation Bar Prefixes

If you enable this feature, the item assigned prefixes will appear in the navigation bar, underneath the relevant category where the child categories go...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Cover image thumbnails

Added feature to generate thumbnails (or reduced size images) from the cover images which are then delivered from the /data folder instead of /internal_data (so can easily be edge cached).

The default AMS method is to show the full size attachment as the cover image, which means possible huge file downloads on the index pages and widgets.

You can now use a new option to set the max size for the generated thumbnail (and still access the full sized attachment by...

Thread thumbnails

Same as update to Showcase Enhancements - new option to show the article cover image in place of the user avatar on the forum listing page (against associated discussion threads).

Turned off by default - can be turned on with the toggle in the options page.

Thumbnail can be edited with the ff_amse_threadthumbnail.less template.

Hey @benFF

I'm receiving the following server error occasionally.

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/home/adminj1q/...', 1189, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1189): trigger_error('Method canViewA...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s44/public/ff_amse_xa_ams_thread_view_type_article.php(28): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(FF\AMSEnhancements\XenAddons\AMS\Entity\ArticleItem), 'canViewArticleA...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1654): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1683): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('ff_amse_xa_ams_...', Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s44/public/xa_ams_thread_view_type_article.php(58): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:ff_amse_...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(990): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(926): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('above_messages', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s44/public/thread_view.php(721): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('above_messages', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1654): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1645): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array, true, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#11 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('xa_ams_thread_v...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XenAddons\\AMS:T...', 'public:xa_ams_t...', Array)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#17 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#18 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#19 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#20 {main}

Any idea what's up? Thanks in advance!

Possible templating issue in the add-on with a change in the use of canViewArticleAttachments in your template ff_amse_xa_ams_thread_view_type_article
. It should be changed to canViewAttachments due to an AMS change.

Ah ok, I don't have the latest AMS version, but it's just that single change?
AFAIK... it was a change that Bob apparently made to try to keep all the calls similar across the lines of his add-ons?
The older versions still use the call you have defined... it's just the most recent changed.

Top Bottom