1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed [FF] Can't paste on the rich text editor (random)

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by imthebest, Apr 9, 2014.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Firefox 28.0 - Win 7

Sometimes I can't paste on the rich text editor. Happened to me recently while creating this thread: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-2010-suggestions.71994/

I was going to each suggestion thread and copying and pasting the information and then it suddenly refused to continue pasting the information (it was still on the clipboard, I tested with Notepad).

Valter likes this.
  2. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

3. imthebest

Steps to reproduce: just start (manually, from scratch) a new thread with the exactly same contents of this: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-2010-suggestions.71994/

For each suggestion you need to go the thread and copy paste both two lines. When pasting the third or fourth suggestion information it will not work.

4. imthebest

The example test case is not available anymore (courtesy of Brogan) but hope @Mike can now reproduce it.

5. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Mac Firefox

1) Reply to Conversation
    2) Type in some text below the quote
    3) Open new tab navigate to Resources
    4) Select add-on
    5) Copy URL
    6) Go back to Conversation tab
    7) Try to paste URL is not possible in Rich mode, must switch to BB Code Editor to paste URL

Valter likes this.
  6. markku

markku Well-Known Member

I tried the steps, and I was able to paste the URL.

However, I have come across this "can't paste" bug a couple of times, seemingly happening totally randomly. (Mac Firefox 28.0, XF 1.3.0 and 1.3.1).

The "fix" for me has always been, same as your suggestion, switching to BB Code editor and pasting the content there. Also, after coming back from the BB Code Editor to the Rich mode, I could again paste text.

7. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Yes it appears to be random. I just wanted to post the steps so Mike would know exactly what I did, hopefully the information will help him isolate the problem.

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm not sure I reproduced this specifically, but I did reproduce something that may be related. I've just rolled the change out here, so please let me know if you run into this again.

imthebest likes this.
  9. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Thank you, Mike.

Will do.

10. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

The pasting issue for me appears to have been resolved, Mike.

imthebest likes this.
  11. Valter

Valter Active Member

I'm having the same problem on my forums.

Win8/FF29.0.1