Few questions regardind site integration

Rodolfo

Hi there, I'm looking to change my current forum (punBB) to XenForo but I need to know if there is some kind of the same integration that I currently have on punbb: http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/punbb13/integration (which allows me to call the dB and use all the punbb functions to do painless things like update the user group and so on).

I didn't find any reference to this on the XenForo manual, but perhaps there is another way of doing it and it just out there but I can't find it. I'm pretty familiar with php coding but you know how annoying is to research in code instead of documentation.

Thing is that I handle sales and downloads using this basic integration, I will like to know if you have something like this... If you don't I will know that I will need to code it myself.

PS. My site is Chevereto.com

Hi Rodolfo,

XenForo has it's own subscription system (account upgrades) which you could use instead. You can set up private forums which will only visible to users who have the right to view. Once a user upgraded his account, the usergroup would change to the one you appointed. In short; XenForo does this already...

Here is an example: http://mercenarydesign.com.au/pages/home/

Well, it seems to be a mixture of things that I need but is not 100% what I need. Anyway, I really like the manual group promotions feature and it seems that it will meet my requirements with a custom (and I hope painless) custom code that suit my needs.

I mention the custom coding because I need to fit this to my website, it will be cool a script like the punbb guys have because is way too simple to call the native script functions but I can handle it myself on this xenforo limitation. Hopefully, it will be funny and not a pain in the ass.

Well, it seems to be a mixture of things that I need but is not 100% what I need. Anyway, I really like the manual group promotions feature and it seems that it will meet my requirements with a custom (and I hope painless) custom code that suit my needs.

I mention the custom coding because I need to fit this to my website, it will be cool a script like the punbb guys have because is way too simple to call the native script functions but I can handle it myself on this xenforo limitation. Hopefully, it will be funny and not a pain in the ass.

As I see it you shouldn't have too much to code. There is a lot of documentation about coding for xenforo (which none of make sense to me) I'm sure with your skills there shouldn't be much of a learning curve.

By the way I like what you did with the image upload site :)

Yeah, Even if I pick IPB it will need custom code because that punbb thing is something that you don't see every day. Anyway, with even a discrete documentation and a night doing some queries the integration will be ready.

Yeah, Even if I pick IPB it will need custom code because that punbb thing is something that you don't see every day. Anyway, with even a discrete documentation and a night doing some queries the integration will be ready.

Looking forward to see it in action (y)

You have a lovely image upload software there as I dig deeper into it I must say it's impressive. An addon that bridges your software with xenforo, allowing directly upload to Chevereto would maybe be an idea to consider for the future :)

Top Bottom