Few questions for a newbie

JKS3D

I'm new to all the website designing, and everything. I have a very basic knowledge of coding languages. So please, if my questions are in any way obvious, pointless or stupid please forgive me.

Questions:

- When I buy a license, do I need to pay for hosting or will it be hosted by xenForo?

- Are the forums automatically set up when bought? For example, when I purchase will I be given a link to the forum that I've created and all I do is edit the coding etc.?

1) When you buy a license, all you get is the license. You will need hosting, and then you will need to install XenForo on the hosting. It's quite easy, but you can purchase installation support direct from XenForo or there are people here (including me) who are happy to help you with this (usually at a cost).

2) Once XenForo is installed, it is ready to use. But it is likely you will need to do a lot of customising to make it how you want it. You will likely want to add multiple categories, forums, set up staff, maybe add pages and install add-ons etc. You'll also probably want to install a new Style or customise the default one.

A lot of this doesn't require "coding" - it is designed to be very user friendly. You can achieve good results with minimal experience, and everything else you can learn along the way :)

1) When you buy a license, all you get is the license. You will need hosting, and then you will need to install XenForo on the hosting. It's quite easy, but you can purchase installation support direct from XenForo or there are people here (including me) who are happy to help you with this (usually at a cost).

2) Once XenForo is installed, it is ready to use. But it is likely you will need to do a lot of customising to make it how you want it. You will likely want to add multiple categories, forums, set up staff, maybe add pages and install add-ons etc. You'll also probably want to install a new Style or customise the default one.

A lot of this doesn't require "coding" - it is designed to be very user friendly. You can achieve good results with minimal experience, and everything else you can learn along the way :)

Do you know how much hosting costs? (roughly)
I know it depends on what package you buy, but a cheap one is what I'll probably use.

Do you know how much hosting costs? (roughly)
I know it depends on what package you buy, but a cheap one is what I'll probably use.

There are several hosting companies that host your website for under 5$/month:
  • BlueHost.com
  • HostGator.com
  • FatCow.com
  • ... (If you want to see more, Google it :))
EDIT: Just so you know, they're reliable too. I've been with BlueHost.com for 2 years and I'm still not complaining about them! (BTW: BlueHost.com is the only one with no hidden fees or tricks)

I'm new to all the website designing, and everything. I have a very basic knowledge of coding languages. So please, if my questions are in any way obvious, pointless or stupid please forgive me.

Questions:

- When I buy a license, do I need to pay for hosting or will it be hosted by xenForo?

- Are the forums automatically set up when bought? For example, when I purchase will I be given a link to the forum that I've created and all I do is edit the coding etc.?

- First question: No you do not have to pay for hosting obviously because when buying then you can download using an download page and there's no such thing as hosting included.

- Decides on what package you're going to be using because having it installed by an other would be better too though but i don't think so actually.

Top Bottom