Few questions about demo

No Way Out

Playing around with the demo I have a few questions

A cool feature on IPB and Vbulletin is the ability to customize profile backgrounds.

I am in my demo admin panel of Xenforo and i dont see how to do this

1. is it possible to do profile customization for Xenforo?
if so how would you do it?

It's pretty simple to do on IPB so i'd like to see how different it is on Xenforo

2. Profile music
Can you add profile music? Maybe like a 3rd party media player that automatically plays when you go to someones profile

3. Blogs
On IPB my members love their blogs, what blog equivalent does XF have?

1. Probably possible. Some can be done by custom fields. AFAIK, you will need to edit templates and CSS to make this happen.

2. Possible, I know there is a resource that kinda does this. The custom fields are very powerful, you can define view html that can easily be an embed code.

3. There is a commercial addon in the resource section for that.

1. Probably possible. Some can be done by custom fields. AFAIK, you will need to edit templates and CSS to make this happen.

2. Possible, I know there is a resource that kinda does this. The custom fields are very powerful, you can define view html that can easily be an embed code.

3. There is a commercial addon in the resource section for that.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xi-blog.713/update?update=1428
is this the blog add on you were talking about?

Are you on about customizing profiles at an individual level per member's profile? I don't think that is possible.

That is an excellent blog product and the developer whom develops it for me has an excellent track record in developing/maintaining and supporting it.

Yeah like say you wanted to change your bacground and have rainbows and I wanted a background with puppies lol...that is not possible at this time?

not a big deal as only a few people even use it on my site.

and the blog product seems good from what i can see? is that the only add-on

Yeah like say you wanted to change your bacground and have rainbows and I wanted a background with puppies lol...that is not possible at this time?

not a big deal as only a few people even use it on my site.

and the blog product seems good from what i can see? is that the only add-on

Yeah that is possible but then this would show for all members profiles.I was going on the assumption you wanted to know about per basis profile customization.

regarding the blog, yeah that's the only add-on currently.

Yeah that is possible but then this would show for all members profiles.I was going on the assumption you wanted to know about per basis profile customization.

regarding the blog, yeah that's the only add-on currently.

okay sorry i am confused(haven't slept in 36 hours) so please forgive me :)

If each member wanted to have their own individual, unique background of whatever image that is different from everyone else is that possible...Like on myspace, how you can have your own unique profile. I got confused with what you saying(doesn't take much to confuse me :P)

If each member wanted to have their own individual, unique background of whatever image that is different from everyone else is that possible...Like on myspace, how you can have your own unique profile. I got confused with what you saying(doesn't take much to confuse me :p)

I'm quite sure that is not possible.

If each member wanted to have their own individual, unique background of whatever image that is different from everyone else is that possible...Like on myspace, how you can have your own unique profile. I got confused with what you saying(doesn't take much to confuse me :p)
You can do it, but as I said, you need to edit templates. You can use custom user fields, and use conditionals on the profile page. However, that will leave you with the problem of uploading images to your own server. Something similar is done here: http://xenforo.com/community/resour...ge-based-on-user-profile-field-selection.535/

Top Bottom