Few queries before purchasing XenForo

Naix

Hello guys, I am planning to buy Xenforo for my new forum, however there are somethings that I am not comfortable with and would like to modify.

1 ) I would like to show post count and thread count in different column like this.

9kAbF.png

Is it possible? What template file would I be editing to have such a layout?

2) The license validity is lifetime right and I get free updates for a year?

That should be fairly easy to do by editing the forum_view template.

The license is for life and the first 12 months of support and upgrades are included in the purchase. Subsequent periods of support are $40 per 12 months.

perfect. Also one last thing i forgot to mention, can the sidebar be removed from the index page? I tried on firebug and it seemed fairly easy on it. I'll be modding it a lot so I do not need the sidebar.

Croeso and welcome!

XF is amazingly flexible to customise to get exactly what you want so you'll have fun. Much faster and easier than anything else I've done online. Brogan is one of the resident giants who constantly helps with how to stuff but there are others - Brogan is the fastest though.

ps I am not a gushy fan, there are a few bits I'd like developed which I have critiqued; but none are primary. They come from the kind of greed for perfection that a really top software stimulates.

Personally I'm a web developer and a webmaster of all, I had my doubts about xenforo but the minute I started using it on some live site I felt the need to purchase it. I bought my license yesterday and now i'm very happy with it.

The only thing I find weird about Xenforo is it has ajax everywhere except the registration page where it is actually needed more. Like username availability, etc. Or am I missing something here?

Thanks for your responses.

The only thing I find weird about Xenforo is it has ajax everywhere except the registration page where it is actually needed more. Like username availability, etc. Or am I missing something here?

There is Ajax on sign up page too. The red box can also be seen on other fields, like Email for instance if you write a invalid email. Note that i have not clicked the Sign Up button.

20-12-2011 10-09-49.webp

Top Bottom