XF 1.4 Few other customization questions

mikelowrey

Hello again,

- I am located in the east, so I would like to have my forum in the eastern time by default. Is it possible to do this and have give the user the ability to change it to his own whenever he wants? Is there any negatives about it?

- In the personal details where your status, dob, gender info is, I would like to remove the Homepage option and give that option to a certain usergroup. easy to do?

- How can I make the Sticky feature available just to Admins and Moderators? I want to disable it to regular member unless I use something like User Paid sticky.

Thank you again.!

I am located in the east, so I would like to have my forum in the eastern time by default. Is it possible to do this and have give the user the ability to change it to his own whenever he wants? Is there any negatives about it?

Our forum is down right now, so I can't check, but it should be in the options somewhere in the ACP. That will change it for guests. For logged in users, it will automatically detect their time zone upon registration, but if they ever move, whether temporary or permanent, they can change their time zone here: https://xenforo.com/community/account/preferences

In the personal details where your status, dob, gender info is, I would like to remove the Homepage option and give that option to a certain usergroup. easy to do?

I'll have to check this as soon as our forum is back up.

How can I make the Sticky feature available just to Admins and Moderators? I want to disable it to regular member unless I use something like User Paid sticky.

This would likely require an add-on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom