1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fetch public templates as files

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by lamvunhat, Dec 28, 2012.

1. lamvunhat

lamvunhat Member

"Fetch public templates as files" is good way to make better performance. I am using 6 web servers (load balancing). But i don't know about how to make "Fetch public templates as files". Can you help me?
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Templates as files will only be a performance benefit if you have an opcode cache installed in PHP such as APC. The templates will be stored in internal_data/templates if you enable that option.
  3. lamvunhat

lamvunhat Member

Yes, I have an opcode cache installed (eAccelerator). But the problem is: If I edit the template, how do all the server can rebuid the template compiled (stored in internal_data/templates)
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Oh. With multiple front end servers that will be a problem. You would have to setup file replication between the servers.
  5. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

If you use a web server cluster for your web site you have to do that anyway. There are several directories (avatars, attachments, etc) that need to be synchronized...

So, either you don't have 6 web servers currently serving your single XenForo site or there is another problem with your question...
  6. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

Not really. If your site requires 6 web servers you're probably using a CDN. You can serve avatars and attachments from a CDN (with origin pull). Even for full attachments, at least with an addon. That's not an option for templates because they're not static.

In which case, Jake's answer is correct and your post contributes nothing to the conversation other than the usual skepticism.
  7. lamvunhat

lamvunhat Member

Disable attachment by Xenforo and develop add-on as Image manager. I have a server images storage (Avatar, Image upload by member) via cURL. Only file image is allowed to upload on my system. But "Fetch public templates as files" is other issues :oops: