Feedback on one of the rules...

Ridemonkey

Since we can't post in the sticky thread, I just thought I'd provide some feedback on rule #19.

For anyone who is managing multiple XenForo instances tied to different email addresses (in my case, I have a personal XenForo instance and a business one), they're probably going to create multiple forum users to seek support under the appropriate license and to maintain a cohesive identity.

This is common practice in any vendor forum - for example, I have multiple Microsoft accounts tied to various products.

I realize it says "...may be banned" but I'm not sure it's really a good rule to have. There are a lot of reasons to create multiple identities on a vendor forum.

We use our discretion based on the circumstances.

The use case you explain is fine.
It's more for things like shill or sock puppet accounts, or accounts created to bypass warning restrictions, etc.

Sure, I understand that there's discretion. What you're saying, though, is that there's a rule that's not really a rule - it's that there are specific behaviors you don't want.

Might make sense to just extend the description a little since I imagine it's fairly common for people to want multiple user accounts.

Top Bottom