1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 one of the threads on my forum doesn't load

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by jacko, Jan 16, 2014.

1. jacko

jacko Active Member

My website has been working without problems: www.dzwiek.org
    and today one of the users reported he couldn't access a particular thread. I checked and I can't access it either:
    http://dzwiek.org/threads/kpa-kemper-metal-profiles-sinmix.12100

it throws out this error:

Code:
    An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /home4/milaszew/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Error.php at line 55
    XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 363
    XenForo_Application::handleException()

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The error is due to a timeout, which obviously shouldn't happen when loading a thread.

You may need to check in the database to see if there is anything unusual about that thread or the posts.

3. jacko

jacko Active Member

the thread can be accessed via Tapatalk only

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Are you running 1.2.4? That error may be hiding the actual error (which is probably related) and I believe this issue is fixed in 1.2.4.

Otherwise, I would have to recommend disabling add-ons and attempting to reconfirm it.

5. jacko

jacko Active Member

I just updated to 1.2.4 and it didn't fix it. I will investigate add-ons.

6. jacko

jacko Active Member

Disabling all add-ons did not help.

7. Mike

Is it the same error?

8. jacko

jacko Active Member

Similar:

Code:
    An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /home4/milaszew/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
    XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in LiamAds/Model/Adverts.php at line 17
    LiamAds_Model_Adverts->getAllAds() in LiamAds/Addon.php at line 50
    LiamAds_Addon::hook()
    call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
    XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 285
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateHook() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code at line 1676
    eval() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 265
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 191
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
    XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 119
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 614
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home4/milaszew/public_html/index.php at line 13

9. Mike

This is showing that add-ons are still enabled. It's not definitive that it's the add-on in question causing it, because it's just trying to access the DB and the connection has been closed. (So the issue has happened before hand.)

However, it generally indicates that something is being very slow and not accessing the DB, thus causing a DB timeout. An add-on that fetches link titles could do this for example.

Disable all add-ons again please and reconfirm. (Include the back trace then.)

10. jacko

jacko Active Member

Now when I disabled add ons using config.php the thread is loading up fine.
    How can I trace which add-on is causing the problem?

11. jacko

jacko Active Member

but now I am trying to reload it and it's taking very long again... (with add-ons still disabled)

12. jacko

jacko Active Member

With all add-ons disabled through config.php:

Code:

Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
    XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 194
    XenForo_Model_Node->getAllNodes() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 836
    XenForo_Model_Node->getViewableNodeList() in UnreadPostCount/Callback.php at line 9
    UnreadPostCount_Callback::getUnreadCount()
    call_user_func() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 330
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateCallback() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code at line 1096
    eval() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 265
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 191
    XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 135
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 614
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home4/milaszew/public_html/index.php at line 13

13. Mike

Add-ons are definitely not disabled in that last example.

You should disable all add-ons via the control panel and then enable them one by one until the large delay/error comes back.

14. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

You still have the Unread Post Count add-on enabled

15. jacko

jacko Active Member

That's what is strange about that. The add-ons are most definitely disabled.

16. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Do you have any caching enabled that is keeping the files in memory?

17. jacko

jacko Active Member

nope

It's just this one thread and the error comes up regardless the add-ons are enabled or disabled.
    Other than that the site has worked without problems on that server since August.

18. jacko

jacko Active Member

Another error:

Code:

Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 808
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchPairs() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 130
    XenForo_Template_Public->_getTemplatesFromDataSource() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 572
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->_loadTemplates() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 556
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->_loadTemplate() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 180
    XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 135
    anyone can try here of course: http://dzwiek.org/threads/kpa-kemper-metal-profiles-sinmix.12100

19. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Do you have any errors in your MySQL log?

20. jacko

jacko Active Member