Status
Not open for further replies.

vbresults

For some reason, the forum permissions here are set in a way that prevents the OP from being edited after whatever amount of minutes. I filed a report on a required amendment earlier and it was resolved.

I later had broken PayPal links in the OP that point to a sold out page prematurely -- that's a big deal -- and I had to update the OP with new links so it works properly.

When I filed a report to update the links, I got this.

Screenshot - 12272015 - 05:09:17 PM.webp

It takes little critical thinking to realize it's very important to update the OP links in this specific case. If you guys don't want to be bothered to update the threads then just fix your forum permissions.

These links are still broken and the only way I can get people to the right place is to have them click "Continue Shopping" on the sold out page which is very confusing.

Last edited:
The forum that is posted in is for Resource and Add-On Discussions, as such I don't think pre-order links are really suited for that area. Would it not be better just to post the App in the RM where you can have control of what needs updating?

It does certainly seem to me that if you're selling something with direct PayPal links, that is certainly more fitting of the RM than the forum in question. That is more for feedback gathering or other questions you might have as a resource developer ("hey, thinking of doing this: what do you think?"), or a quick peak of what you're doing, which is sort of how yours started... but then when you put direct payment links there, it seems a bit different.

@Mike If you read over the OP then you can see that it is in the right place. When we've reached the targets spoken about in that post by the given date then I can definitely agree it belongs in the RM.

Until then, it's in the right place and the broken links are a big problem and I wouldn't even bother you if the permissions weren't set in this way =/

We're not going to be changing the permissions, they are set like that deliberately.

Only certain forums don't have a limit on editing, hence why we feel your thread would likely be better suited as a resource.

That said we would be willing to make an exception on this occasion.

Please submit the report again with the correct details and any other details you wished to be changed and confirm no other changes are required.

However, please be mindful of the fact that it is a Sunday over the Christmas period so staff availability is somewhat sporadic so it may be necessary to wait.

Given that you're selling via this thread and don't want to use a resource (and given the limits you're placing, it may not be totally reasonable), I've simply moved it to the services forum as that is a better fit than the discussion forum you're posting in and doesn't have editing limits.

We're not going to be changing the permissions, they are set like that deliberately.

Only certain forums don't have a limit on editing, hence why we feel your thread would likely be better suited as a resource.

That said we would be willing to make an exception on this occasion.

Please submit the report again with the correct details and any other details you wished to be changed and confirm no other changes are required.

However, please be mindful of the fact that it is a Sunday over the Christmas period so staff availability is somewhat sporadic so it may be necessary to wait.

The links now run through our domain so we can change them on our end. Thanks for trying to work to a solution here.

Given that you're selling via this thread and don't want to use a resource (and given the limits you're placing, it may not be totally reasonable), I've simply moved it to the services forum as that is a better fit than the discussion forum you're posting in and doesn't have editing limits.
This is the third time I'm saying this, read the OP. These are authorizations right now, they are not sales. Move it back to the correct forum.

It's clear as day this does not belong in the services forum and I suspect you are deliberately putting us under the microscope to the benefit of your staff member.

Last edited:
The projects that staff members are involved in are of absolutely no affiliation to XenForo Ltd. under any circumstances.

Frankly, given the incredibly poor attitude, the thread can stay where it is.

Should you have any further questions, contact a staff member directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom