Add-on Feed page (similar to Reddit)

Did you even read all answers ?

Yes it does have some similar approaches, even though it is more than my OP suggests. (f.ex altering alerts). The ACE thing is more than "just" a feed page. But, like mentioned by other users, making yourself dependant upon Themehouse for what would be a important part of my content discovery part of the site, is not something I am considering at this point. From Xon? Yes. Ozzy? Yes. Bob? Yes. Etc.
Also, this huge ACE project won't stay free for long. Their huge (in price) 1K USD package will for sure include this eventually, hence the "free for a limited time".

Feel free to respond on my previous post regarding your fear about "FB/Reddit" taking over XF by just using ideas from it to improve on XF as well, if you like. I believe it explains what differentiates this part from what you think is "too close to FB/Reddit".

Such functionality is not something you can simply uninstall once the developer pulls it. Your community will become accustomed to it and will complain badly. It will need to be from a stable and reliable developer who plans to keep their resources available for xenforo.

Feel free to respond on my previous post regarding your fear about "FB/Reddit" taking over XF by just using ideas from it to improve on XF as well, if you like. I believe it explains what differentiates this part from what you think is "too close to FB/Reddit".
I guess I would prefer it to be doable via add-ons which allow everyone to modify their forum at their ease. But if this became a native function of XenForo I would be more fearful about it because for me that would mean that the main objective of XF is changing... It would not become a social network for all that but it would give a indication which does not seem to me to be good.

XenForo offers software that is well coded, simple, and can be customized as desired, I think their policy is the right one.

Sure I get that, I am totally OK with it being an addon, but I think it is important enough that it would have to be either official or from a respected and very reliable developer.
I wouldn't really say the XF main objective is changing though, even with it in the core. Just more flexibility for the admins to adjust the content discovery to their audience/offering other ways to present the content. Just my two cents though.

Top Bottom