Features Missing From vBulletin?

I'd prefer XenForo to build their own feature set instead of saying, "Oh, vBulletin has this. Gotta have it now." or "IPB has this, now we must have this."

They build their feature set, and continue to expand on it, the general expansion of any software.

I'd prefer XenForo to build their own feature set instead of saying, "Oh, vBulletin has this. Gotta have it now." or "IPB has this, now we must have this."

They build their feature set, and continue to expand on it, the general expansion of any software.

Well of course, but given how many people from vBulletin are going to be using XenForo it's natural that we're going to be drawing comparisons. I see nothing wrong with adapting some of those features (especially since XenForo seems to do everything in a different way anyway.)

As silly as it may be to say "Oh, vBulletin has this. Gotta have it now." It's equally silly to say "Oh, XenForo should build their own feature set instead of looking at what's worked in the past and ignoring it."

The fact that quick reply is a smart idea for any system is a smart idea. There is a basis that all forum systems should have, but aren't ripped from each other. In theory, we should still be on UBB, because vBulletin was a rip from that. No need to compare and say, missing this, need that just yet.

We should simply add features that make sense. Full stop. If vBulletin has the same or a similar feature, so be it. If it is a completely new idea that none of the competition has, so be it.

We should simply add features that make sense. Full stop. If vBulletin has the same or a similar feature, so be it. If it is a completely new idea that none of the competition has, so be it.

+1 gazillion. There are two extremes that some people seem to be leaning towards: "vBulletin has it, so XF should too" or "But vBulletin has this feature. We want to be different". Both are extreme, and neither are necessary. Who cares what everybody else does. If a feature is useful or beneficial, then it's worth implementing. If it's useless or unnecessary, then it's not worth implementing.

Yep, a lot of people are used to x or y from vb or ipb, and no doubt want relativity from this one as well. I hope the devs actually keep a level approach to requests and don't allow this software to become the clutter bug that the others are.

I would even prefer if xenforo have a core, but each extra feature is a download from the dev team, so a user simply downloads what features they want opposed to having a huge choice by default.

+1 gazillion. There are two extremes that some people seem to be leaning towards: "vBulletin has it, so XF should too" or "But vBulletin has this feature. We want to be different". Both are extreme, and neither are necessary. Who cares what everybody else does. If a feature is useful or beneficial, then it's worth implementing. If it's useless or unnecessary, then it's not worth implementing.
Agreed.

I'm getting sick of hearing the comparisons to vB.

Why can't people just accept XF for what it is?

I'm really missing two thing:
  1. A way to indicate that you have posted in a thread in the thread list.
  2. The way the quick editor works when you click on reply or quote (I mean when the editor jump/open right under the post that you are replying to.
That what comes to my mind at the moment.

That's exactly what I meant by my comment. Thanks for being far superior in expressing that one. :)

Top Bottom