Features Missing From vBulletin?

Nothing wrong with unique. :)

no, there's nothing wrong with being unique, but being unique just to be unique is annoying ;)

"You're wearing a red shirt, so I won't wear a red shirt even though I like my red shirt just because I want to be different...."

or, more specific to the topic

"vBulletin does X this way, xf shouldn't do X that way even though it's the best way just because vBulletin does it that way"

So then every forum should be the same? People should start wearing the same color shirt? And drive the same car?

The point was made that implementing an idea for the sake of being "unique" is pointless. If an idea is genuinely useful, go for it. If it is used by 1% of all people, it's probably better as a modification, even though it's "unique".

Ultimately, one should not implement something just because its "cool".

Did you just say the vBulletin dev team lol? Starting thinking xenForo. Almost on all websites i see posting about xF i see note of this. Instead of calling them ex vB devs lets called them xenForo developers.

Huh? I think he's talking about the way vBulletin is currently going, and thus, "as the thing we don't want to do is start thinking like vBulletin" [sic].

Did you just say the vBulletin dev team lol? Starting thinking xenForo. Almost on all websites i see posting about xF i see note of this. Instead of calling them ex vB devs lets called them xenForo developers.
I was talking about the NEW team at vBulletn. :confused:

Huh? I think he's talking about the way vBulletin is currently going, and thus, "as the thing we don't want to do is start thinking like vBulletin" [sic].
Bingo.

Top Bottom