Featured Users [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

[1.2.x] Users Spotlight - It will allow you to feature users which then will appear in the board index.

This mod will allow you to feature users which then will appear in the board index. This can come in handy if you want to show your appreciation for a certain user and/or users who have been contributed positively to your forum by placing them in the spotlight.

You can feature an user by going to his/her profile and then click the Feature User link. Which can also be found on users member cards.

After an user has been featured then he/she will appear on the board board index. If you feature...

Read more about this resource...

This is actually pretty neat.
Although you should add an option to have it toogled in the sidebar instead of at the top of the page. maybe also create the widget framework plugin for it ;)

Although you should add an option to have it toogled in the sidebar instead of at the top of the page. maybe also create the widget framework plugin for it ;)

Thank you for the suggestion. I will add a new option that the admin can choose where to display the Featured Users List, at the forum index or the sidebar.

nice idea, can you make it appear on sidebar instead ?
Has been mentioned and been replied to ;)

Thank you for the suggestion. I will add a new option that the admin can choose where to display the Featured Users List, at the forum index or the sidebar.

@borbole - I am after something like this for my Gaming site. Did you get around to adding a option to explain why they are featured - Would also be good if it had the potential to link to a thread. My hope is to "Feature" upcoming players within the Community, so a Description as well as the linking the a thread / article would be awesome and an instant buy.

@borbole - I am after something like this for my Gaming site. Did you get around to adding a option to explain why they are featured - Would also be good if it had the potential to link to a thread. My hope is to "Feature" upcoming players within the Community, so a Description as well as the linking the a thread / article would be awesome and an instant buy.

Hi,

No, I have not the chance yet to add that option but I will place this at my to do list for the next version.

Regarding the thread, what thread did you mean?

Hi,

No, I have not the chance yet to add that option but I will place this at my to do list for the next version.

Regarding the thread, what thread did you mean?

So you could like to a specific thread or URL - Probably a URL would be easier. So for example.

Player Spotlight
Dave

Dave is this week's player in the spotlight. He's done a lot in his short time in the Community...

Then have a Read more link, so it can go to an Article / Forum post where they can find out more about Dave, why he was chosen etc.

So you could like to a specific thread or URL - Probably a URL would be easier. So for example.

Player Spotlight
Dave

Dave is this week's player in the spotlight. He's done a lot in his short time in the Community...

Then have a Read more link, so it can go to an Article / Forum post where they can find out more about Dave, why he was chosen etc.

I will have the mod updated soon with that option. As matter of fact it has been on my to do list for quite some time but I have not had much free time to get to it.

An interesting addon, but what does it mean without making some reference as to why they are featured?

I just released a new version with the option to add a note for each user when he/she is featured. I updated the mod description with the new info and screenshots as well.

It would be great if there is an option where you can select how many days you like to display the spotlight user.
Example:
User x will be displayed for x days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom