1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Users [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by borbole, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

borbole submitted a new resource:

[1.2.x] Users Spotlight - It will allow you to feature users which then will appear in the board index.

Read more about this resource...

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

An interesting addon, but what does it mean without making some reference as to why they are featured?

3. borbole

The guy I originally coded for wanted it this way. I can add a reason option so the admin can add some reference as to why that user has been featured. It will be included in the next release.

4. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Neat idea, can't think of a way really to use it currently. But I like the concept.

borbole likes this.
  5. JordanH

JordanH Well-Known Member

This is actually pretty neat.
    Although you should add an option to have it toogled in the sidebar instead of at the top of the page. maybe also create the widget framework plugin for it ;)

borbole likes this.
  6. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Good idea (y)

7. borbole

Thank you for the suggestion. I will add a new option that the admin can choose where to display the Featured Users List, at the forum index or the sidebar.

8. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

nice idea, can you make it appear on sidebar instead ?

9. JordanH

JordanH Well-Known Member

Has been mentioned and been replied to ;)

tafreehm likes this.
  10. borbole

tafreehm likes this.
  11. Thom Tyler

Thom Tyler Well-Known Member

@borbole - I am after something like this for my Gaming site. Did you get around to adding a option to explain why they are featured - Would also be good if it had the potential to link to a thread. My hope is to "Feature" upcoming players within the Community, so a Description as well as the linking the a thread / article would be awesome and an instant buy.

borbole likes this.
  12. borbole

Hi,

No, I have not the chance yet to add that option but I will place this at my to do list for the next version.

Regarding the thread, what thread did you mean?

13. Thom Tyler

Thom Tyler Well-Known Member

So you could like to a specific thread or URL - Probably a URL would be easier. So for example.

Player Spotlight
    Dave

Dave is this week's player in the spotlight. He's done a lot in his short time in the Community...

Then have a Read more link, so it can go to an Article / Forum post where they can find out more about Dave, why he was chosen etc.

borbole likes this.
  14. borbole

I will have the mod updated soon with that option. As matter of fact it has been on my to do list for quite some time but I have not had much free time to get to it.

15. borbole

16. borbole

I just released a new version with the option to add a note for each user when he/she is featured. I updated the mod description with the new info and screenshots as well.

17. Lindal_Oronar

Lindal_Oronar Well-Known Member

It would be great if there is an option where you can select how many days you like to display the spotlight user.
    Example:
    User x will be displayed for x days.

borbole likes this.
  18. borbole

19. borbole

This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.

20. borbole

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.