Featured Thread Title Enhancement

Featured Thread Title Enhancement

Sheldon

Sheldon submitted a new resource:

Featured Thread Title Enhancement - Add some pop to your title....

Simple template modification to change the look of your Featured Thread add-on, and it's title. tabs.

First off, I decided to use Font Awesome, just seemed as easy to use as anything.

So, in order to do that, go to the template PAGE_CONTAINER

Read more about this resource...

Nice job @Sheldon, it looks great in that dark style with the background pattern.

Appreciate it. Still debating on if I want to change the color a bit to take some focus off the quotes themselves. A continual work in progress. At least with the instructions provided, users are able to choose their own colors.

If you update the PAGE_CONTAINER template with the latest version string that will unlock about 70 new icons..
Code:
<link href="//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.1.0/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

Any ideas? I copied all the templates as i was supposed to but wanted to add my own Icon and for whatever reason i cannot get the new icon to render in firefox..
Code:
<h3 class="ctaFtThreadTitle"><span class="fa fa-paw fa-paw"></span>
                <a href="{xen:link threads, $featuredThread}" class="ctaFtThreadTitleLink">{xen:string censor, $featuredThread.featured_title}</a>
            </h3>

after a little bit of searching.. I believe the problem may be related to the following???
If you need IE7 support, you have my condolences. Really. Font Awesome 4.1.0 doesn't support IE7, but an older version does. You'll need to check out the 3.2.1 instructions for using IE7. Then go complain to whomever decided your project needs IE7 support.
-----------------
Edit:

Turns out the FA was being called by my UI,X style and that version was dated and didnt support the latest icons.. Removing that call back code in UI.X allowed my personal edits to finally render properly in all browsers..

Last edited:
Top Bottom