Resource icon

Featured Thread Enhancements

Shelley

Shelley submitted a new resource:

Featured Thread Enhancements - Featured Thread Enhancements

For these enhancements to work you'll need to have purchase and installed the Featured Thread Add-on - By Brogan for this to work.

Summary: This resource will consist of a few enhancements which I'll describe how to accomplish.
First up is How do I get the Featured thread tag displaying by the side of the title?
View attachment 62406

Install: Paste the following into your...

Read more about this resource...

Would be cool to have a feature where it would place the 1st image within the content instead of the users Avatar...

Other than that thanks so much for these great additions to his plugin ;)

Thank you Shelley :) but, can you change the text of ribbon with that text please: Valorisée

Add Snow to featured Blocks. This may need adjusting per custom style but here is the outline of it. I have it so it removes on responsive you should do the same.
Screenshot_5.webp

Upload the images to your Icons folder and then paste the following in EXTRA.CSS

Code:
.forum_list .ctaFtBlock:before{
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/snow_l.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0%, url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/snow_r.png") no-repeat scroll 100% 0 transparent;
  display: block;
  height: 30px;
  left: -5px;
  padding: 0 5px;
  position: relative;
  top: 11px;
  width: 100%;
  content: "";
  margin-top: -15px;}

Last edited:
Hiya Shelley :)

Nice tweaks to the original design :) have applied all of them ( Particularly like the seasonal snow!) , however the ribbon doesn't seem to appear at all.. all the others are fine... Any ideas/pointers as to why that might be?? Just thought i would ask before ripping everything apart.... ;)

Cheers

Yeah, the two of those use the same class which means you'll have to choose which one to use. I was going to suggest to @Brogan about adding a helper class or some to that equivalence but haven't yet. At this time you'll have to pick which one of those two to use.

I'm happy to add stuff which will help with styling.

Let me know what you need exactly and I'll get it in to the next version.

I'm happy to add stuff which will help with styling.

Let me know what you need exactly and I'll get it in to the next version.

I did initially add in <span class="helper"></span> in the cta_featuredthreads_forum_list template but having one in would be better. There is an issue though that is probably down to me. If you check the xmas style on my site the ribbon is using the helper span I added, but when I add in the height: it leaves a large space above, so not sure you would have these issues if you added it in.

This is the css I have in if it helps.
Code:
.ctaFtBlock .helper  {
  background: url("styles/xmas/xenforo/icons/featured-ribbon.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
  height: 56px;
  width: 56px;
  top: 53px;
  left: -3px;
  display: block;}

Hiya Shelley :)

Nice tweaks to the original design :) have applied all of them ( Particularly like the seasonal snow!) , however the ribbon doesn't seem to appear at all.. all the others are fine... Any ideas/pointers as to why that might be?? Just thought i would ask before ripping everything apart.... ;)

Cheers

To get the ribbon and snow working together you'll have to edit the cta_featuredthreads_forum_list template and

After:
Code:
<div class="ctaFtBlock">

Add:
Code:
<span class="helper"></span>

Then paste the following into your EXTRA.CSS template.
Code:
.ctaFtBlock .helper  {
  background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/featured-ribbon.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
  height: 56px;
  width: 56px;
  top: 64px;
  left: 8px;
  margin-top: -56px;}

Edit: Also, you'll want to hide the ribbon since the avatar gets removed in responsive so adding the following to EXTRA.CSS template is needed.
Code:
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{ .ctaFtBlock .helper {display: none !important;} }

Last edited:
Just a note that in the next featured update you won't have to make the template edit for those that added the span class in and made the adjustment. Only the css is required in the next update.

And with that, I've ran out of things to style on this particular featured block. The featured ribbon is the image using helper span and the snow is using selectors. Also added a background image and css 3 gradient in the footer. :p Lots of images in this one. :LOL:

Screenshot_10.webp

Just another headsup that if you added the helper span and upgraded to 1.1.0 or when you do don't forget to revert the cta_featuredthreads_forum_list template if your one of those that added the helper span.

This particular enhancement in this post goes unsupported (I'm surprised it even worked) but it seems to work in ie, chrome and ff.

It all hinges on whether you styled your titleBar and even then you may need to finetune the css. What this enhancement will do is when a thread is featured it'll display A ribbon icon instead of the featured tag.

Upload the icon to your /icons folder and paste the following in EXTRA.CSS and adjust to suit if the ribbon isn't sitting perfectly.

Screenshot_13.webp

Code:
.thread_view .ctaFtFeaturedThreadView:before{
  background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/featured_ribbon_threadview.png") no-repeat scroll center top transparent;
  border: none;
  font-size: 0;
  height: 80px;
  margin-top: -21px;
  margin-left: -50px;
  position: absolute;
  width: 38px;}
.thread_view .ctaFtFeaturedThreadView { background: none transparent; border: none; font-size: 0;}

Top Bottom