Resource icon

Featured Thread Enhancements

Installed! :)

The Featured button within the Featured Thread and the link icon seem to work fine for me, but for some reason the Featured banner and the replacement icon for the thread listing aren't showing. Any idea why? I'm using Arty's Responsive style if it matters. I also have XCache running so maybe it's a cache issue?

Installed! :)

The Featured button within the Featured Thread and the link icon seem to work fine for me, but for some reason the Featured banner and the replacement icon for the thread listing aren't showing. Any idea why? I'm using Arty's Responsive style if it matters. I also have XCache running so maybe it's a cache issue?

Unsure what is happening there. for e following class >> .ctaFtBlock .helper

Trying adding

Code:
z-index: 1;

And then changing the following to

Code:
top: 58px;
left: 6px;

Is you want display that icon Screenshot_4.webp on New Posts page, change:
Code:
.forum_view .ctaFtFeaturedThreadList {
  background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/featured-icon.png") no-repeat 0 0 transparent;
  border: 0 solid #fff;
  width: 16px;
  height: 16px;
  font-size: 0; }
By
Code:
.find_new_posts .ctaFtFeaturedThreadList, .forum_view .ctaFtFeaturedThreadList {
  background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/featured-icon.png") no-repeat 0 0 transparent;
  border: 0 solid #fff;
  width: 16px;
  height: 16px;
  font-size: 0; }

Last edited:
For display on page (version 1.4.2 of CTA):
Screenshot_2 (1).webp

Change:
Code:
.ctaFtBlock .helper  {
  background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/featured-ribbon.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
  content: "";
  height: 56px;
  position: relative;
  width: 56px;
  top: 64px;
  left: 8px;
  display: block;
  margin-top: -56px;}
By:
Code:
.ctaFtBlockPage .helper  {
  background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/featured-ribbon.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
  content: "";
  height: 56px;
  position: relative;
  width: 56px;
  top: 64px;
  left: 8px;
  display: block;
  margin-top: -56px;}

Where, exactly, do I find the image that I need to download (see red font in quote)?
Summary: The following enhancement will display a ribbon on your avatar titled "Featured Thread".
screenshot_2-png.62407

Install: Upload the image to your /icons folder and then paste the following into your EXTRA.CSS template. You may need to fine tune the position so use as is. The image I used can be downloaded via the thumbnail (below).

I believe it's Purely CSS. No image.
Well, I certainly don't have an image called "featured-ribbon.png" in my icons folder.

In any event, changes to Extra.css are not having any impact on my site. Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

Last edited:
yeah my bad the image is missing from the resource.. I also recall having the same troubles before i passed and moved on.. I suppose its easy enough to generate your own name and place it. ("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/featured-ribbon.png")

yeah my bad the image is missing from the resource.. I also recall having the same troubles before i passed and moved on.. I suppose its easy enough to generate your own name and place it. ("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/featured-ribbon.png")
So, I need to create a ribbon graphic, name it "featured-ribbon.png", and place it in the icons folder? Is that correct?

So, I need to create a ribbon graphic, name it "featured-ribbon.png", and place it in the icons folder? Is that correct?
That sounds about right to me.. You're going to have to pay attention to the get the correct dimensions so the ribbon correctly wraps around the icon..

@Shelley

I apologize for putting this here but been trying to find a way to contact you without doing this. Could you send me a pc. I was wondering if you take on custom jobs. Nothing to big but I would like to hire you to add a touch of class to my Featured Threads add-on and I purchased Notification last night after seeing the customizations you had done for it also.

Thanks

Top Bottom