Featured images

Featured images [Paid] 2.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Featured images - Displays a block containing featured images.

Description:

Displays a block containing featured images.

Featured images will display three small images in your forum list. The images are attachments that your members have posted. Images are updated every 5 minutes. Images when clicked will display the message the attachment was posted in.

(Example of Featured images)

View attachment 211887

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 211888

(Example of User group permissions)

[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Andy,

As per the fix you made to the following add-on:

Could you please make similar changes to this add-on and ensure that any similar add-on is updated.

Please let us know when this issue can be resolved.

Hi Andy

Getting this error..

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] file_get_contents(/var/www/vhosts/*****.com/httpdocs/internal_data/attachments/16/16034-020f3434be3f44f7fc706bb2b5f43f69.data): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in src/addons/Andy/FeaturedImages/XF/Cron/FeaturedImages.php at line 169

I'm using Digital Ocean Spaces (S3) to store attached files etc., using the XenForo add-on. I assume this is the issue in that your add-on is looking for images on the local drive rather than the S3 drive?

Many thanks

Mike

I believe I've found a bug in this.

I have been noticing broken thumbnails with this quite often. If I refresh enough times, long enough, they all start working.

If I manually run the featured images cron job and refresh the page, they are all broken and slowly start trickling in.

I suspect that if our site is busy it may not be generating the thumbnails fast enough and it doesn't cache any images other than the current round of thumbnails.

I wonder if there could be logic to run the cron job, first generate the thumbnails and then change the HTML code so no broken images ever show up.

In addition, it would be handy if I could specify a date and only show images newer than that date.

This modification is great, those would make it super great. Thanks again @AndyB

I've noticed that I'm getting an error in the ACP for the addon, and clicking the featured images no longer goes to the actual thread. I'm running on 1.8 but no idea what could be causing it as it was working fine before.

This is the stack error.

• ErrorException: Featured images error. Please create a directory on your server which matches the Image path in the Options page.
  • src/XF/Error.php:75
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Nov 8, 2021 at 10:07 PM

Stack trace​

#0 src/addons/Andy/FeaturedImages/XF/Cron/FeaturedImages.php(62): XF\Error->logError('Featured images...')
#1 [internal function]: Andy\FeaturedImages\XF\Cron\FeaturedImages::runFeaturedImages(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#2 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(34): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): XF\Job\Cron->run(8)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#6 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#7 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
["referrer"] => string(41) "https://www.behind-the-mask.net/admin.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I see the error at the top. If I right click and view the source of an image/thumbnail on the addon (which still shows) - it shows the image URL which works - https://www.behind-the-mask.net/data/featured_images/featuredimages_thumb_3.jpg?1636409465

The options are -

1636410013618.webp

Like I said - I've changed nothing, so don't really know what is happening. I appreciate your help if you're able to give any. I think my subscription expired :(

Top Bottom