- Compatible XF 2.x versions
This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:
Displays a block containing featured images.
This add-on will display a block of attachments and is normally displayed in the forum list. Each featured image can be clicked and the post where the attachment is uploaded is displayed. Featured images are randomly selected and updated every 5 minutes.
(Example of Featured images)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User group permissions)
- In responsive mode featured images are reduced in quantity and size.
- Images can be selected from any forum.
- Cron entry will rotate images every 5 minutes.
- All phrases start with featuredimages_ for your convenience.
Typically you will set 'Yes' for the following two user groups:
Create a directory in the data directory (or other directory of your choice) called featured_images. Please note if you uninstall this add-on, the featured_images directory will not be automatically deleted, it's up to the admin in to do this.
Creating the widget:
- Admin Control Panel -> Appearance -> Widgets
- Widget definition = Featured images
- Widget key = featured_images
- Title = (leave blank)
- Display in positions = Forum list: Above nodes
- Click Save.
Q: How do I change the "Featured images" title?
A: Edit the featuredimages_featured_images phrase.