Favorite CMS?

Favorite CMS?

• Total voters
What is the best CMS for integration with XenForo? Who is doing the best job with this?
Wordpress would be the answer to that right now. Its not due to Wordpress, its due to developers here who happened to be focused on Wordpress and support it as the majority, so that is what's been done.

Joomla has 1.5 integration, but 1.5 is garbage compared to the newly built Joomla version... and JFusion are dragging their feet nowadays.

I have patience to wait for XF to release a blogging and article product for their software.

Wordpress would be the answer to that right now. Its not due to Wordpress, its due to developers here who happened to be focused on Wordpress and support it as the majority, so that is what's been done.
Wordpress is easy to install and admin.
And pretty customizable.
It is not nearly as beautiful looking as a Joomla site.

Joomla has 1.5 integration, but 1.5 is garbage compared to the newly built Joomla version... and JFusion are dragging their feet nowadays.
Joomla 1.6 took 2.5 years, it better be good :)
Joomla is pretty, but clunky to admin.
I switched to Wordpress for my "low requirements" (mostly articles).

I have patience to wait for XF to release a blogging and article product for their software.
That's speculation. :)

That's speculation. :)
Not really... I have read XF responses that these aspects may be done in the future, they're just not important whilst still building the core forum product.

Same as the resource manager will be released here in the near future, and then will get released as an XF product. Just all takes time and patience... XF haven't said no, they haven't guaranteed anything either. So its all still a possibility in the future.

I'm not a fan of Drupal or Joomla very much, and they both used to be full of security holes. I haven't really been keeping up, so, I'm not quite sure if they still are, but I know they were very slow to actually get around to patching them. WordPress has always seemed speedy, and I'm quite fond of their development and philosophy. For those of you that think WordPress is slow, I'd wager that you're either running poorly programmed plugins for it, are set up on an underpowered machine, or haven't tried it remotely recently. I think it's an excellent piece of software, and in my opinion, it blows every other CMS/Blog platform (that I've seen/used) out of the water. I'd invite anyone who hasn't tried it to do so, and anyone who thinks it's slow or poorly programmed to scrutinize their setup.

Maybe if enough different approaches get developed for this that covers everyones wants NXF might not need to do this but I would be excited to see what they could do.

I was a Joomla guy for years, but switched to Wordpress a year back. If XF released a blogging front end, that would be the holy grail.

Top Bottom