Favorite Anti-Spam Resources?

AtoZ

I just converted my vBulletin forum over to Xenforo. It's only been a couple of hours and I'm already missing the anti-spam features I had in place before! I'm having a hard time finding the right add-ons and customizations, so I thought I'd ask which ones are your favorites?

First off, I'm looking to limit new users....
- No links, images, etc. until they reach a certain level (posts, usergroup, etc.)
- Limit number of posts they can make in X minutes/hours
- Limit ability to send private messages

Is profile spam a problem with xenforo? I had things in place for that with vB too.

I'm sure I'll quickly realize some other things I'm missing.

Last edited:
There are several anti spam mods in the RM. Have you looked there?

Regarding the ability to send private messages, that can be done by using the permisisons.

Yes, I have looked, but I'm wanting to know which ones experienced Xenforo admins are using and like the best. I'm also learning what Xenforo can do without any modifications so for all I know I could be searching for things I don't even need. I've had a lot of trouble sorting through things there. Which ones are you using??

Yes, I have looked, but I'm wanting to know which ones experienced Xenforo admins are using and like the best. I'm also learning what Xenforo can do without any modifications so for all I know I could be searching for things I don't even need. I've had a lot of trouble sorting through things there. Which ones are you using??

Regarding the registration I simply use the options built in xenforo. In regard to forum posting I use one that I have coded myself.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/all-around-spam-detector-suite.4502/

This is the one I've heard the best stuff about as well (I'm currently converting from VB to XF and am starting with this). I like how you can assign point values on a per country basis, since I am fully aware of which countries hit my site with the most spam (it has good defaults built in).

Excited to try this one, and I know many that use it have been able to drop the crazy captchas as well.

I'm tooting my own horn a little here, but I would highly recommend Trust+. The main focus of Trust+ is to stop abusive individuals of any kind, be it spambots, human spammers, or trolls. This is accomplished by an advanced risk analysis algorithm that can detect and block: disposable email addresses, proxies, known spammers, registrations of individuals from networks commonly used by spammers, and much more.

Top Bottom