1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 fatal mysqli error

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Lone Wolf, May 22, 2015.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

I've been installing addons and whenever I try to install Post Ratings by @Luke Foreman I get the following error....

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/cricicom/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 294

It doesnt look like an error related to post rating but it's only affecting that addon. Does ayone (including Luke) know what the issue is here?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can increase your memory_limit via php.ini (128M is the PHP default).

Lone Wolf likes this.
  3. Lone Wolf

Is that something that it would be better to leave to the server guys?

4. Brogan

It requires editing php.ini so if you're not comfortable doing that, yes.

5. Lone Wolf

Well I like a bit of a challenge but given how badly this transfer has gone so far. I wont take the risk this time!

Does it mean that I'm running out of space or that a certain file was bigger than the limit set in php.ini because I've installed Post Ratings before without any issues.

6. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Just tried installing Post Ratings on a site myself and have run into this. Never had this happen before in all the times I've installed it. Best posting this in the thread for the addon though :)

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  7. Lone Wolf

It was the same for me. Never had the issue before on test installs. This is what my server team did...

And that fixed it

Lisa likes this.
  8. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll have to get the server dude to do it :)

9. Lone Wolf

Must be some file that's bigger than the default php setting

Lisa likes this.
  10. Brogan

Interestingly, someone had a memory error installing FT the other day - the first time that has ever been reported.

11. Lone Wolf

My version of php is quite new, maybe it's a change in the default setting in a newer version?