1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Fatal Error

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by JVCode, Oct 6, 2010.

1. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Fatal error: Call to undefined function iconv_get_encoding() in /home/*******/public_html/*********/library/Zend/Validate/Hostname.php on line 513

I get this error once I've submitted my create admin info during setup.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Hannah_M likes this.
  3. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

I have ran the file Mike posted, which is why I didn't think this problem was related to my server configuration.

4. Jake Bunce

They may want to see your PHP configuration if you can upload a phpinfo file:

Code:
    <?php

phpinfo();

?>

5. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

I've got the same exact error on mine. I can PC a php info page link if it would help? For obvious reasons I'd rather not post it in the public thread ;-)

6. calorie

calorie Active Member

7. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

You will need to recompile your php and be sure to include iconv.

8. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Thanks for the solution, I'm using xenForo on a shared server right now, I have no idea how I'd recompile php or anything, someone care explain?

9. Jake Bunce

On a shared server you would have to ask your host to do it. It requires root access.

10. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

You will have to ask your host to do this for you. Sorry Jake, you beat me to it.

11. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Thanks alot, sent off a support ticket.

12. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I noted this in another bug, but it looks like iconv is required. If you're having trouble installing because of it being missing, contact your host. If you're still having trouble, contact us and we'll see what we can do.