Fatal Error

Divvens

My site was working fine until just 3 minutes back, it started giving a fatal error all of a sudden.

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Zend/Controller/Request/Abstract.php' (include_path='.:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/xxxxx/php') in /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Controller/Request/Http.php on line 1065

Any idea what's wrong?
Admin CP can't be accessed as well. Just thought I'd add that.

As long as you use the same version upgrade package, that will be fine.
I was running 1.1, re-downloaded the package and uploaded the file (abstract.php) to Zend/Controller/Request/

But the error still shows up. Could my host have anything to do with this since it all of a sudden started throwing an error, or is it an add-on?

Difficult to say what the cause is.
Are you unable to load the ACP at all, even by navigating directly to it?

Try adding this to your config.php:
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

Difficult to say what the cause is.
Are you unable to load the ACP at all, even by navigating directly to it?

Try adding this to your config.php:
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
Yes, I am unable to load the ACP even by navigating to it, it shows the same error there.

I added that to my config.php, still no change :(

Try re-uploading the whole upgrade package.
I wanted to add this bit of information:

I had a test installation in a different folder, which was PW protected. And even that started throwing the same error, and no changes/edits were done from our side. I'll try re-uploading the whole package.

Alright I think it was my host. FTP connection is timing out, their own site is down, nothing is responding. I guess there was a sudden technical error on my server. I'll wait for them to resolve their problems and see if my problem is resolved. If not, I'll re-upload the whole package again.

Check the permissions on the file if they exist and have contents (more than 0 bytes). You may need to contact your host if you can't change the permissions.

Check the permissions on the file if they exist and have contents (more than 0 bytes). You may need to contact your host if you can't change the permissions.
My host just updated:
"
We are experiencing a networking issue that is causing packet loss. Then networking team is on it."

So I think that was what was causing this error as well, I'm sorry to have disturbed you guys, this wasn't a XF problem at all. I found it surprising too all of a sudden an error, XF never did that to me xD

Thanks for the help Brogan and Mike.

Alright sorry to disturb again...but the host sorted out all the problems but the error is still occuring...what should the permission for the file be? It is currently showing the permission as "644", owner has read and write while group and public only have read

I'm guessing you're on MDDHosting? I encountered the same error today and tried everything provided before finding this thread, I even made sure to copy down the permissions of the http.php file before re-uploading it to make sure that was correct to no avail, which leads me to believe that it is still an issue on their end.

I'm guessing you're on MDDHosting? I encountered the same error today and tried everything provided before finding this thread, I even made sure to copy down the permissions of the http.php file before re-uploading it to make sure that was correct to no avail, which leads me to believe that it is still an issue on their end.
Yes I am with MDDHosting, I guess it's time I open a ticket there then.

DOH! *facepalm*
It seems it was after all a minor problem,

"Indeed, a cPanel tech made a change while investigating an unrelated issue. I've requested they revert the change and it should be fixed momentarily."

So it seems the problem was still with the host and not xf :P @Blinding I guess it's going to be solved in some time.

The path in the error looks a bit odd to say the least: (include_path='.:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/...')

My host sorted out the issue, but this is what they said

I'm not 100% sure what was causing your error, because the one singular change the tech made I rolled back and the error still existed.

I logged into your account and created a symbolic link for /home/orojacks/php -> /home/orojacks/public_html/library which has resolved the issue as your PHP install is now able to find the correct files.

Let me know if you have further issues.

Thank you,

Would this cause more issues? Or is it fine?

Top Bottom