XF 1.2 Fatal Error: Out of memory

oman

Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Out of memory (allocated 15728640) (tried to allocate 1966080 bytes) - library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code:2592
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 7:15 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(65) "http://www.technologyhub.org/wp/wp-content/themes/fauna/style.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Hi,

Got the above error. Not sure why it is happening considering I don't even have Wordpress installed, and nothing exists at that URL in the error.

Any idea what actions may need to be taken here?

File health Check /admin.php?tools/file-check/ ?

MDf70Y0.png

Those are two files which I know I edited, but aren't related to Wordpress.

Reactions: rdn
This has to be a bot or spider crawling and old url. Did you once upon a time use WordPress on this domain?

I think I might have. How does this bring a server error to XenForo though? :)

I wasn't running any sort of bridge add on, it was more of a test Wordpress site.

It's not using a ton of memory -- it's only allocated < 16MB before erroring -- though this is definitely more than I'd expect for a simple 404 page (and I don't think I'd expect another 2MB to be allocated in the template render phase). Unfortunately, it's rather hard to know what's going on specifically. PHP's fatal error messages are often useless and this is somewhere inside a template's compiled code.

Since it isn't happening consistently (on what should be an identical page), I would suggest that it could indicate that your server was heavily loaded at the time and it was legitimately out of memory (vs PHP simply not being able to allocate it). However, this is more of a stab in the dark.

It's not using a ton of memory -- it's only allocated < 16MB before erroring -- though this is definitely more than I'd expect for a simple 404 page (and I don't think I'd expect another 2MB to be allocated in the template render phase). Unfortunately, it's rather hard to know what's going on specifically. PHP's fatal error messages are often useless and this is somewhere inside a template's compiled code.

Since it isn't happening consistently (on what should be an identical page), I would suggest that it could indicate that your server was heavily loaded at the time and it was legitimately out of memory (vs PHP simply not being able to allocate it). However, this is more of a stab in the dark.

Yeah, it's one of those ones that just came up. Safe to ignore?

I certainly would not be ignoring errors like this as its suggests some kind of misconfiguration somewhere or an overloaded server.
Is it shared hosting? What is your host set up?

I certainly would not be ignoring errors like this as its suggests some kind of misconfiguration somewhere or an overloaded server.
Is it shared hosting? What is your host set up?

Shared hosting with cpanel.

It is just unusual considering the wordpress directory isn't there and that error happened.

Top Bottom