Facebook Video Unavailable

TheSalt

Hello Gang,

I have a member on my forum who is also a Facebook friend. When he post's Facebook video on my forum and I'm signed into Facebook I can see the video but when I'm signed out of Facebook I get the "Video Unavailable" message in place of the video on my forum. I thought it might have been an issue like making the video "Friends" VS "Public" but I checked the video posted on his Facebook page and they are set to public. Is there some other privacy setting that he will need to change in order to avoid this issue?

I should also note that when I sign out of Facebook I cannot see any posts on his Facebook page. Could this be the problem, and do you know what setting that is?

Many Thanks!

1.webp

Last edited:
From what you are describing, it doesn't sound like any of his stuff is public.

Can you link here to the video to check (presumably if it's public it wouldn't be an issue)?

Yes, thank you. Here goes!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203100927501133

Here is a video I posted that is also public along with my settings and it works fine. I cant tell him want to change because I cant recreate the problem unless I set the video to friends only.

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152827718403164&set=vb.634188163&type=3

Screen Shot 2014-11-14 at 3.19.48 PM.webp

I can see yours is public due to the globe icon in the screenshot. Can you post a similar screenshot of his video?

Oddly, I'm signed into Facebook in another window and I refreshed this page but the video is still unavailable here as you can see in the screen shot below.

Screen Shot 2014-11-15 at 12.45.06 AM.webp

I can't see his posts when logged out but can when logged in. I think this means he has his account set to public for those with Facebook accounts but not to guests.

Ok I think I noticed something! That video is on his profile page but it might have been originally saved and shared from his closed facebook group.

Here is what the video looks like on his page.

Screen Shot 2014-11-15 at 12.42.30 AM.webp

This is what the video looks like when I click on it. Notice the new setting icon.

Screen Shot 2014-11-15 at 12.55.37 AM.webp

This is what happens when i try to share it. Notice the disclaimer at the bottom. I will try another video next.

Screen Shot 2014-11-15 at 12.58.30 AM.webp

Her is a video that is saved in his photos under video and is saved as public.

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203096855799343&set=vb.1144726998&type=3

WOW! What an odd issue... So I went over to my friend Albert's personal Facebook page and found the videos in his photos. Next I went to his closed Facebook group page and saw that he shared a lot of the same videos there. I copied the links to each of the videos on his group and personal page and posted them on my forum and then signed out. The video from his personal page still played but the one from his Facebook group was unavailable once I was signed out.

Next I tried to share one of my public videos from my page onto his Facebook group page and it didn't work so the experiment stopped there. I was trying to see if video links change if you share a video on another Facebook. I noticed the two identical videos I copied the links from on his personal page and group page where different. I'm wondering if he shared the video from his personal page but copied the link from his closed group page after he shared it there.

I cant recreate the problem and it's late here so I'll have to wait and ask him in the morning... Below is the Facebook message I got when I tried sharing my video to his group page...

Screen Shot 2014-11-15 at 1.25.54 AM.webp

Top Bottom