Not a bug Facebook video not embedding

Not sure what the distinction is here, but here's a video that will work:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1146299615455711
View on Facebook
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And here's the one that doesn't work:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1138172942893232
View on Facebook
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Notice if you view the one that works on Facebook, it has an Embed link. The one that doesn't work does not have an embed link.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a way to set a preference on uploaded videos that prevents them from being embedded. If so, there's basically nothing we can do about this as from a technical point of view they present themselves in the same way and we cannot know in advance which can be embedded and which can't.

Aha... this confirms my suspicion:

upload_2016-6-24_14-11-46.webp

We're going to have to call this not a bug / service issue basically. Seems you can now have public videos but prohibit the embedding of them. This must be what the video in question must have done. We can't do anything about this, unfortunately. Presumably a similar thing would happen if you attempted to embed a private or friends only video.

I'm having similar issue. Up until last week, I could embed LIVE streams from my facebook page to my website. Now I can only embed archived videos & that's ONLY after I click the drop down menu on the post, click "edit" & then go to advance where it shows the prohibit embedding box cbecked by default.

I tried work-arounds by getting the video's unique id but again, it only works for archived videos, it will not embed for live streams.

I've tried everything: Clearing cache, different browsers, different computers, different facebook pages, different facebook accounts, nothing works.

I've seen no posts from facebook about them removing this feature.

I haven't been told by facebook that I violated any terms that might result in losing this feature.

No idea what's going on but NOBODY has an answer or a work-around.

Please help.

Thanks

If you require support with your installation you should first log into the Customer Area and add your forum user name to the "Forum Users" page.

You may then create a new thread in the Troubleshooting forum for further support.

Top Bottom