XF 1.5 facebook signup?

gunnar

When people use the Facebook signup button, they still have to create a username etc?
Should this simply be linked to their Facebook info?

At one point, we defaulted the username to the Facebook user's name. The amount of complaints we saw from people that didn't realize that they could change it (because they didn't want to use their real name) shows that people definitely don't want to be force to use that as their public name on every forum.

At one point, we defaulted the username to the Facebook user's name. The amount of complaints we saw from people that didn't realize that they could change it (because they didn't want to use their real name) shows that people definitely don't want to be force to use that as their public name on every forum.

Can I set it back to functioning like this? For my users they would have to use their own name to really have joy of the functions. The most important for me is that signup is easy and quick. "One click" would be perfect.

You can try accessing part of the {$fbUser} in the register_facebook template (you'll need to dump the contents of it to identify what has the bits you want) as the default value for the username. There's nothing built in to do this though.

You can try accessing part of the {$fbUser} in the register_facebook template (you'll need to dump the contents of it to identify what has the bits you want) as the default value for the username. There's nothing built in to do this though.

Thank you, would you be able to be more specific? I am not competent in coding of any form..

You can try putting {$fbUser.name} into the template as the default value for the username field. I believe that's the correct value (though I'm not positive).

Top Bottom