XF 1.4 Facebook sign in issues.

Stemmy

Just a couple of questions about the "login with facebook" facility.

When a member uses this function he does not get the email confirmation - I assume this is because facebook has confirmed the email already so its trusted ?

I have imported from VB so this could be a hangover from that. I have the usergroup "Facebook Members" - is this a standard usergroup for xenforo or is it one that was imported from my vb ?

If it is standard on xenforo then I would assume that members who signed in using facebook would be added to that usergroup but when we have tested it the members who "Signed in with Facebook" were added as Registered members ??

We had out first legitimate "Login with facebook" today and there was an issue - I have avatars switched off for registered members as this is a premium function. When the member signed in with facebook it looks like the forum auto grabbed their facebook profile picture and used it as an avatar ? overriding the permissions by the look of it ? plus the avatar was huge ? not the 200px by 200px of standard users it was about 200px wide but 500px high ?

I cannot work out why the user does not get put in the facebook usergroup - unless that is from VB and all facebook users are just Registerd Members ?

And I couldn't find any options to disable the avatar import from facebook for those new members.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the usergroup "Facebook Members" - is this a standard usergroup for xenforo or is it one that was imported from my vb ?
That is an imported user group.

unless that is from VB and all facebook users are just Registerd Members ?
Correct.

And I couldn't find any options to disable the avatar import from facebook for those new members.
There is no option for that.

Thanks Brogan that clears a lot up for me but doesn't solve my problem with avatars :)

Is it possible ....... I ran a batch update on all registered members to remove their avatars ..... can this be done like a cron job ? every day etc ??

Top Bottom