facebook share image

majdi

when i share a topic from my forum on facebook using the share button, the published picture is the one of the thread starter avatar.
i want to make it show the forum logo. how can i achieve it ?

I assume you've uploaded a logo to the relevant directory and configured the option in the ACP?
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/facebook-recommend-image.13596/#post-178159

See my post here related to it: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ssage-posters-avatar.13465/page-2#post-179678

Facebook is a law unto itself regarding this.
Mine changed from logo to avatar and back to logo again for no apparent reason.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/logo-not-showing-on-facebook-post.13635/page-2#post-181847

Try using one 100x100px.

There is some suggestion that Facebook uses the larger of the two so making it 100px square should ensure it is used in favour of the thread author's avatar which is 96x96px.

I've since discovered that Facebook have changed how this works...again.

Clicking Recommend on my site now results in the thread author's avatar showing.
So over the past few months, with no changes at all with my installation, it has gone from logo to avatar to logo to avatar.

I'm sick and tired the way Facebook keep messing with this.

or you could just edit the "opengraph meta tags" and remove the conditional pointing to the avatar and leave the forum logo.

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}">
<meta property="og:site_name" content="{$xenOptions.boardTitle}" />
<xen:if is="{$avatar}"><meta property="og:image" content="{$avatar}" /></xen:if>
<meta property="og:image" content="{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}" />
<meta property="og:type" content="article" />
<meta property="og:url" content="{$url}" />
<meta property="og:title" content="{$title}" />
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}"><meta property="fb:app_id" content="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}" /></xen:if>
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}"><meta property="fb:admins" content="{xen:helper implode, {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}, ','}" /></xen:if>
</xen:if>

It would be better if the first image in the thread was used and if there weren't any images in the thread, the avatar or forum logo would be used.

I know you can edit the template, but you shouldn't have to, to correct buggy behaviour in Facebook.

I suppose I'll just have to resort to pasting the URL directly onto the wall and select the image manually.

Why there is no title and share image when i like a thread in my forum? Only link.

View attachment 22789

Some things to check:

1) Make sure you have entered an app id or admin:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Facebook Integration

2) Revert these templates if they are customized:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates
> thread_view
> open_graph_meta

In particular, the thread_view template should contain this:

Code:
<xen:container var="$head.openGraph"><xen:include template="open_graph_meta">
		<xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:threads', $thread}</xen:set>
		<xen:set var="$title">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, escaped}{$thread.title}</xen:set>
		<xen:set var="$avatar">{xen:helper avatar, $thread, m, 0, 1}</xen:set>
	</xen:include></xen:container>

This code sets the og information for thread pages which defines the title and image (which are the thread title and the avatar of the thread author).

Top Bottom