Facebook Share Image location???

Rho Delta

Where is the option for choosing the image you want to show up when you share a thread on facebook? I set it before but can't find it again. Thanks!

How do I replace the Xenforo Facebook recommend/like logo with my own?
Upload your logo to the server and change the image path in the ACP -> Styles -> Style Properties -> Header and Navigation -> Settings: Facebook Open Graph Logo. Due to caching it can take several weeks for the image to update on the Facebook servers.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180456
Thanks... It would also be awesome if they added a feature that when sharing a thread to facebook, it pulls the images from the thread and lets you choose which one to use in the post. I have seen this with many other sites.

Thanks... It would also be awesome if they added a feature that when sharing a thread to facebook, it pulls the images from the thread and lets you choose which one to use in the post. I have seen this with many other sites.

It should do that if you remove the og:images from this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> open_graph_meta

Rich (BB code):
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}">
	<meta property="og:site_name" content="{$xenOptions.boardTitle}" />
	<xen:if is="{$avatar}"><meta property="og:image" content="{$avatar}" /></xen:if>
	<meta property="og:image" content="{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}" />
	<meta property="og:type" content="article" />
	<meta property="og:url" content="{xen:raw $url}" />
	<meta property="og:title" content="{xen:raw $title}" />
	<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}"><meta property="fb:app_id" content="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}" /></xen:if>
	<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}"><meta property="fb:admins" content="{xen:helper implode, {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}, ','}" /></xen:if>
</xen:if>

It should do that if you remove the og:images from this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> open_graph_meta

Rich (BB code):
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}">
<meta property="og:site_name" content="{$xenOptions.boardTitle}" />
<xen:if is="{$avatar}"><meta property="og:image" content="{$avatar}" /></xen:if>
 <meta property="og:image" content="{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}" />
<meta property="og:type" content="article" />
<meta property="og:url" content="{xen:raw $url}" />
<meta property="og:title" content="{xen:raw $title}" />
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}"><meta property="fb:app_id" content="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}" /></xen:if>
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}"><meta property="fb:admins" content="{xen:helper implode, {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}, ','}" /></xen:if>
</xen:if>

If I did this though, wouldn't it show no no thumbnail if there were no pictures in the thread being shared? It would be awesome to still have the default picture as a backup.

Top Bottom