1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Share Image location???

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Rho Delta, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

Where is the option for choosing the image you want to show up when you share a thread on facebook? I set it before but can't find it again. Thanks!
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

How do I replace the Xenforo Facebook recommend/like logo with my own?
    Upload your logo to the server and change the image path in the ACP -> Styles -> Style Properties -> Header and Navigation -> Settings: Facebook Open Graph Logo. Due to caching it can take several weeks for the image to update on the Facebook servers.

3. Rho Delta

Thanks... It would also be awesome if they added a feature that when sharing a thread to facebook, it pulls the images from the thread and lets you choose which one to use in the post. I have seen this with many other sites.
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It should do that if you remove the og:images from this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> open_graph_meta

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}">
    	<meta property="og:site_name" content="{$xenOptions.boardTitle}" />
    	<xen:if is="{$avatar}"><meta property="og:image" content="{$avatar}" /></xen:if>
    	<meta property="og:image" content="{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}" />
    	<meta property="og:type" content="article" />
    	<meta property="og:url" content="{xen:raw $url}" />
    	<meta property="og:title" content="{xen:raw $title}" />
    	<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}"><meta property="fb:app_id" content="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}" /></xen:if>
    	<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}"><meta property="fb:admins" content="{xen:helper implode, {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}, ','}" /></xen:if>
  5. Rho Delta

If I did this though, wouldn't it show no no thumbnail if there were no pictures in the thread being shared? It would be awesome to still have the default picture as a backup.
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure about that one. I'm not a facebooker.