Not a bug Facebook returned the following error: API calls from the server require an appsecret_proof ar

James@MPT

Followed instructions to set up app with Xenforo in 1.4. Facebook API change caused an error that necessitated I pay for an upgrade to Xenforo. Now in version 1.5.1.

When testing Facebook integration in XF, I get the following error.

Facebook returned the following error: API calls from the server require an appsecret_proof argument.

Any tips or pointers on this issue? I have searched for this error and nothing on this forum references it.

Thanks!

Additional Info:

Previous issue that lead to me upgrading is explained here:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/facebook-integration-no-email-returned.101206/

Last edited:
This seems to be related to an option you will have specifically switched on, as far as I can tell:

upload_2015-10-3_14-5-21.webp

You will need to set "Require App Secret" to no. I'm guessing it's set to "Yes" at the moment.

This seems to be related to an option you will have specifically switched on, as far as I can tell:

View attachment 118358

You will need to set "Require App Secret" to no. I'm guessing it's set to "Yes" at the moment.
the test go trough, but for some reason is it not getting the email.

wcPfOt4.png

Yeah I'm pretty sure this was fixed in 1.4.9.

Facebook started forcing all Facebook apps that were created to be a certain API version, and then blocked them from being downgraded to another API version. A change in a more recent version of their API prevented email addresses coming in from their API. The solution was to upgrade our code to use the latest API version and this change happened in 1.4.9.

You will need to upgrade to fix the issue.

Top Bottom