1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Facebook returned the following error: This IP can't make requests for that application..

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Cryptkeeper, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Cryptkeeper

Cryptkeeper Member

I had everythign setup and finally got facebook to see my site, but when I click on "test facebook connection" itsends me to facebook to authorise, I click ok, then it returns me into the admincp with the following error:

Facebook returned the following error: This IP can't make requests for that application..

any help would be appreciated

2. Floris

Floris Guest

3. Cryptkeeper

Cryptkeeper Member

Seems like i was in sandbox mode, I turned it off, then added my local IP to the whitelist, the server ip to the whitelist and waited 10 minutes, it still says the same thing...

4. Cryptkeeper

Cryptkeeper Member

lol, when I search google for this problem, this thread is the first result, and I havn't even made it an hour ago!

Kier likes this.
  5. Cryptkeeper

Cryptkeeper Member

I added my site's ip and my ip both in whitelist and Update Settings IP Whitelist. same issue.

6. Cryptkeeper

Cryptkeeper Member

Fixed:

I talked with hostgator cause I thought it was an issue with eiter the whitelisting or the fact I couln't have a http:// in my url.

I ended up deleting the application in facebook, then restarting from scratch.it seemed to fix it. the application I had I made well back in the day, so it probably wasn't compatible.

how do I change the title or prefix to [Solved]?