Fixed Facebook recommendations block isn't responsive

refael

The fb:recommendations in news_feed_page_global has a fixed width of @sidebar.width.
If @sidebar.width is a little wider than default, say 320px, the recommendations block would create a scrolling in http://xenforo.com/community/recent-activity/ (or any other place that uses it) in narrow screens (my case, iPhone 5).

There should be some css to adapt the width in narrow screens.

I think I remember a similar issue I had with a drupal site a while ago because facebook decided to expand its sidebar and make the minimum width 270px or even more. I don't know if you guys can do anything about that but ill just slap on a "overflow: hidden;" on to the sidebars.

Actually, this seemed to work well for me when adding to EXTRA.css
Code:
.fb_iframe_widget iframe {
width: 245px !important;
}

If you make style changes that has a knock on effect, I would generally say that it's your responsibility to handle those problems; it's not possible for us to handle everything.

That said, I was able to handle this case with some extra "width: 100%" calls.

If you make style changes that has a knock on effect, I would generally say that it's your responsibility to handle those problems; it's not possible for us to handle everything.

That said, I was able to handle this case with some extra "width: 100%" calls.
Obviously I could fix that myself (and I did), but it seemed like a legitimate bug that anyone who changed his sidebar will come across it. It's not something that is specific only to my style.

Top Bottom