1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Facebook recommendations block isn't responsive

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by rellect, Feb 11, 2014.

1. rellect

rellect Well-Known Member

The fb:recommendations in news_feed_page_global has a fixed width of @sidebar.width.
    If @sidebar.width is a little wider than default, say 320px, the recommendations block would create a scrolling in http://xenforo.com/community/recent-activity/ (or any other place that uses it) in narrow screens (my case, iPhone 5).

There should be some css to adapt the width in narrow screens.

Moshe1010 likes this.
  2. That very well could be Facebook's fault.

3. Moddis

Moddis Active Member

I think I remember a similar issue I had with a drupal site a while ago because facebook decided to expand its sidebar and make the minimum width 270px or even more. I don't know if you guys can do anything about that but ill just slap on a "overflow: hidden;" on to the sidebars.

Actually, this seemed to work well for me when adding to EXTRA.css
    Code:
    .fb_iframe_widget iframe {
    width: 245px !important;
    }

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you make style changes that has a knock on effect, I would generally say that it's your responsibility to handle those problems; it's not possible for us to handle everything.

That said, I was able to handle this case with some extra "width: 100%" calls.

Moddis likes this.
  5. rellect

rellect Well-Known Member

Obviously I could fix that myself (and I did), but it seemed like a legitimate bug that anyone who changed his sidebar will come across it. It's not something that is specific only to my style.